Project status: In progress
The Encouraging Best Practice in Residential Aged Care - Champions for Skin Integrity Program (EBPRAC-CSI) funded by the Australian Department of Health and Ageing had the objective to implement sustainable evidence-based best practice in wound management for residents in aged care facilities. Specifically, the aim was to focus on enabling RACF staff to preserve skin integrity through the application of evidence-based practice to assessment, prevention and management of wounds.
Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing under the Encouraging Best Practice In Residential Care (EBPRAC) Program
- Research leader
- Research team
- Organisational unit
- Lead unit Faculty of Health Other units 1st January 2000 1st January 2000
- Research areas
Further information about this project can be obtained by contacting the EBPRAC-CSI Project Coordinator Kathy Finlayson on +61 7 3138 6105, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Final Report (PDF file, 694.26 KB)
- Summary for Dissemination (PDF file, 99.32 KB)
- One Page Summary (PDF file, 57.16 KB)
Partnership in Wound Management
Project delivery was through a partnership of larger and smaller, city and regional based, multi-cultural facilities led by the Queensland University of Technology (QUT) through its Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Skin Integrity through Evidence-Based Practice
Residents in Aged Care Facilities are at risk of suffering wounds, such as:
- Skin tears
- Venous leg ulcers
- Pressure ulcers.
The project utilised evidence-based strategies to promote:
- Implementation of evidence-based clinical care of residents
- Opportunities and support to enhance the knowledge and skills of staff
- Improvement of systems through the dissemination of best practice and
- Community impact by building consumer confidence in aged care facilities.
- Masonic Care QLD, Carpentaria Hostel and Nursing Home, Cairns
- Masonic Care QLD, Sandgate Hostel and Nursing Home, Brisbane
- Masonic Care QLD, Cooloola Coast Hostel, Tin Can Bay
- Crowley Nursing Home and Crowley Hostel, Ballina NSW
- Jeta Gardens Aged Care Facility, Bethania, QLD
- Avalon Blue Care Residential Care, Emerald, QLD
- Blue Care Yurana Aged Care Centre, Springwood, QLD