Reducing the impact of chronic disease
Our research is focused on developing new and enhancing existing approaches to the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management of chronic disease.
We investigate chronic conditions including:
- infectious and osteoarticular diseases
- cardiovascular, ocular, and neurological disorders
- mental health conditions.
We're employing technology from medical imaging and genomics to web-enabled smart devices to identify risk factors, implement interventions throughout the lifespan and improve end-of-life care.
Using insights from the social sciences and behavioural economics, we help people to make better health decisions for themselves and others, enhance compliance with treatments and improve government policy.
Prevention through intervention
Our early-life intervention studies optimise child development in families and in education and care settings. We're translating biomedical research into practice by:
- exploring genetic, behavioural, nutritional, physical activity, sleep and lifestyle traits
- developing personalised e-health solutions that promote resilience and well being, and prevent and treat disorders.
Study with us
Through a more progressive, collaborative approach to research, we are delivering solutions to real world challenges.