Up to 30 organisations will be on campus Tuesday 1 August to promote their vacation placements, graduate employment, internships and work integrated learning opportunities to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. These positions can attract thousands of application from candidates, but attending the Fair will give you the edge over the competition.
Whether you’re in your final year of university, or just starting your study, our Careers Fair offers you the opportunity to:
- Network with prospective employers and professional associations
- Make a positive impression before applying for positions
- Gain valuable information about the programs and opportunities available
- Attend seminars with industry professionals
"Career Choices" speaker series
Hear from industry professionals on a range of topics, giving their insights with the opportunity to ask your questions. Five sessions will be held in the Gardens Theatre Foyer from 11am to 2.30pm.
Limited seats available, register online in July.
Make a lasting impression that goes beyond professional attire and body language.
- Check the list of organisations and identify the employers you want to meet at the Fair.
- Research your companies of interest well so that you can prepare for conversations on the day.
- Put together some well-informed questions to ask.
At the Fair
- Visit your target organisations first with spare time for the others that may have relevant opportunities for you
- Be positive and enthusiastic – make eye contact, firm handshake and smile.
- Collect brochures and business cards
- Ask your questions and listen to their answers, this is your opportunity to get a feel for the culture of the organisation
- Write down the information while you are at the Fair. Things are easily forgotten when you are speaking to a variety of people in a short period of time.
There will be QUT Business School representatives available on the day if you have any queries. We are here to assist you!
QUT Business School Careers Fair 1 August, 2017.