The Crime and Justice Research Centre's (CJRC), Associate Professor Molly Dragiewicz has been awarded a Fulbright Specialist Grant to bring expert domestic and sexual violence intervention trainer, Mark Wynn to Australia.
The Fulbright Specialist Program supports Australian educational institutions to exchange expertise and build collaborative linkages with U.S. academics and professionals on curriculum and faculty development, institutional planning and a variety of other activities. Wynn will contribute material for QUT’s Graduate Certificate in Domestic Violence.
Wynn has been an international trainer to police executives, patrol officers, training officers, prosecutors, judges, legislators, social service providers, healthcare professionals and victim advocates in all 50 U.S. states for more than 30 years.
He is also an international lecturer at police academies in Australia, Canada, Germany, England, Northern Ireland, Russia, the Republic of Mauritius, the Republic of Georgia, the Federated States of Micronesia, China, the Islands of the Bahamas, Brazil, Turkey and Cyprus.
What's more, Wynn is a survivor which has enabled him to teach both effectively and passionately.
Wynn’s police experience includes:
- Member of the Nashville Metropolitan Police Department for 21 years
- Served as Lieutenant to the Domestic Violence Division and member of the Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team for 15 years
- A key creator of the largest police domestic violence investigative unit in the United States
- 1994 Graduate of the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy – Session 178
- Co-wrote the Police Officer Standards and Training Certified Curriculum on Law Enforcement Intervention and Investigation to Domestic and Sexual Violence (Tennessee).
The CJRC will be hosting Wynn from the 1-15 October 2017 with additional funding from the QUT School of Psychology and Counselling and the Centre for Domestic and Family Violence Research at Central Queensland University (CQU).
Wynn will be delivering a public lecture in Brisbane planned for the 5 October 2017.
- Crime and Justice Research Centre
Associate Professor Molly Dragiewicz
Faculty of Law
- Phone: 3138 2707
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 2707
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 4, C Block
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4000
- Postal address:
QUT Faculty of Law
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001
Got a question?
The Faculty of Law support team is here to help.