QUT Torts Moot
2019 Torts Moot Competition
The 2019 QUT Torts Moot will take place from Monday 29 July to Friday 2 August.
Team registrations are now closed. Tickets to attend the final will be available soon.
About the competition
The QUT Torts Moot is an international mooting competition hosted by QUT's School of Law.
It's a unique event that provides insights into torts practice. Each year we welcome teams from universities across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific.
Mooting builds essential skills for legal practice, including legal research, advocacy and teamwork.
The moot final takes place in the Supreme Court of Queensland, adjudicated by eminent judges and high-profile legal professionals.
Location and facilities
Preliminary rounds take place in the QUT Law Moot Court and Industrial Court, providing a realistic courtroom setting with the latest in audio visual equipment.
During the competition, the QUT Law Library and computer lab facilities are available for teams to prepare for the moot. Visiting teams are given the use of a study room and online access.
The library and courtrooms are located on Level 5, C Block of the QUT Gardens Point campus.
2018 competition prize winners
- 1st Place: Monash University
- 2nd Place: University of Sydney
- Best Mooter (Finals and preliminary rounds): Harrison Jones, Monash University
- Spirit of the Moot Award: Pamela Rofeta, University of South Pacific
Judges in the 2018 Finals
- Judge David Kent QC DCJ
- Stephen Keim SC
- Philip Morrison JA
- 2017 Monash University
- 2016 Griffith University
- 2015 Bond University
- 2014 University of Sydney
- 2013 University of Sydney
- 2012 University of Queensland
- 2011 University of Sydney
- 2010 Bond University
- 2009 University of Queensland
- 2008 University of Queensland
- 2007 University of New South Wales
- 2006 Macquarie University
- 2005 Queensland University of Technology
- 2004 University of Queensland
- 2003 James Cook University
Contact the QUT Torts Moot Coordinator for more information.