Step 8: Accept your offer

If your application is successful, we will send you a conditional offer letter.

You must meet the conditions, and show proof where required, when you accept your offer and return the forms to us.

To accept your offer and secure your place, you must:

  • complete and sign your acceptance of offer form
  • sign your student declaration form
  • pay your first semester tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
  • if you are under 18, complete the under 18 guardianship form.

Submit your documents

Email or post the following documents to international admissions:

  • signed acceptance form
  • signed student declaration form
  • proof of tuition fee and OSHC payment
  • certified copy of your Australian visa (if applicable)
  • under 18 guardianship form (if applicable).

Send us any outstanding documents required to meet any conditions of your offer as soon as you can. All documents must be certified. Documents can be certified by:

  • an official QUT representative
  • a public notary
  • an authorised officer from the institution that issued the documents.

If your documents are not in English, you will need to supply a certified English translation.

When do I need to accept my offer by?

There is no closing date to finalise your acceptance, but you must allow time for us to process your acceptance and send your electronic confirmation of enrolment (CoE). You need your CoE to apply for and receive your student visa, which can take up to three months.

I'm under 18 years old

If you are under 18 years old, you must complete the under 18 guardianship form (PDF file, 210.14 KB) , which will be sent with your offer letter. Your parent or guardian will also need to sign your acceptance of offer form. Once you have submitted the guardianship form, we can issue your CoE.

I want to change to a different course

To change courses, contact international admissions and let us know that you'd like to be considered for a different course. We will reassess your application.

I want to defer my course date

To defer your course, email international admissions and let us know that you would like to be considered for a different course starting date. We will reassess your application for the intake you would like to change to.

Not all courses are offered every semester, so check the course information.

If you have been offered a place in a research degree, you might be able to start at a flexible date.

I am currently studying at another institution

If you are studying at another institution and you have completed less than six months of your study, your institution must provide a letter of release stating that you can study with us.

If you are under 18 years of age, you must also get written approval of transfer from your parent, guardian or government sponsor.

My offer letter includes a course that I didn't apply for

If you do not meet the entry requirements for your preferred course, we will ask you to enrol in a preparatory course (for example, an English language program). You will usually have to meet conditions, including achieving specific results, in the course to proceed to your next course.

I am being sponsored to study

If you are being sponsored for your studies, send your financial guarantee documentation from your sponsoring organisation.

Financial guarantees must be on official letterhead addressed to QUT, and must include:

  • the student's full name
  • the course or courses for which the sponsorship is approved
  • the duration of the sponsorship
  • whether Overseas Student Health Cover is paid for.

International students who completed Year 12 in Australia or an International Baccalaureate

In addition to submitting the forms mentioned above when accepting your offer, you must also check you meet the OP cut-off and course prerequisites.

I have been offered a place, but I want to study a different course

If you want to study a different course, check that you meet the OP or rank score and the subject prerequisites. On your acceptance of offer form, cross out the old course and write your new course preference on the form. We will confirm your eligibility for the new course and let you know.

I did not get into the course I want

You might be able to study a pathway program to help you meet the entry requirements for your chosen degree. You will need to have received:

  • an OP of at least 18 or a rank of at least 60
  • a Limited Achievement in Authority English or English for ESL Learners.

If you meet the academic entry requirements but not the English language requirement, you can take the IELTS test to prove your English ability. You can take an IELTS test through our IELTS Test Centre.


International Admissions

  • Postal address:
    QUT Admissions
    Victoria Park Road
    Kelvin Grove, QLD, 4059

Stay connected

Please wait…

Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.