Our facilities expedite impact
Working at hospitals, clinics and specialist laboratories means IHBI researchers can collaborate with patients and healthcare professionals and ensure research relevance, impact and benefit for people.
Many of our researchers also work as researchers, clinicians and specialists at associated hospitals and clinics. Our research can advance at a faster pace as our researchers understand how it will be applied in a patient-to-practitioner setting.
Researchers and companies now have access to the network and capabilities of Johnson & Johnson Innovation at the QUT Kelvin Grove campus.
Benefits of working with IHBI researchers
You have access to Australia's most creative and innovative minds in health, science and biomedical engineering research.
We seek solutions to your needs by assembling teams of experts from different fields. These teams interact and work together creating synergy to drive translational outcomes.
You benefit from our long history of partnerships between health care providers and our researchers. Our experience informs our approach, which ensures new treatments and practices are brought to patients as quickly as possible.
You are given access the future leaders in science and health from Australia and around the world. These researchers are innovative, enthusiastic and engaged in one of the best research environments in Australia.
Industry partners can access state-of-the-art infrastructure and technologies including:
- unsurpassed imaging facilities incorporating confocal, light sheet and electron microscopy
- nuclear magnetic resonance and X-ray crystallography capabilities
- drug and natural product discovery and development pipelines
- genome editing in cell and animal models
- mass spectrometry facility
- supercomputing capabilities
To find an expert, please search our staff profiles with keywords.
To find out more contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
QUT faculty partners
IHBI is a key partner in:
- Translational Research Institute (TRI)
- Centre for Children's Health Research (CCHR)
- Medical Engineering Research facility (MERF)
- Australian Centre for Health Services Innovation (AusHSI)
- Diamantina Health Partners
Research centres, programs and laboratories
We have ongoing links with hospitals and research sites around Australia, and with health researchers, clinical specialists and industry professionals around the world.
We also encourage collaboration with external organisations. We have over 150 international and Australian collaborations with institutions that include:
- hospitals and clinics
- health professional groups
- research centres and institutes
- universities in Australia and around the world