Rooms available for hire
We have rooms available for hire in our building at 44 Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove (Q Block of QUT's Kelvin Grove campus).
- Up to 100 people.
- Standard audiovisual (AV) equipment, including an electronic whiteboard. User guides and basic demonstrations are provided.
- 100 chairs and 6 fold-up tables, which can be set up in a range of configurations suitable for seminars, workshops and formal receptions.
The Atrium is an open area suitable for sponsor and trade shows, and provision of food and refreshments.
- Up to 100 people.
- 12 moveable small tables, 34 chairs, and fixed wall seating for up to 40 people.
The Atrium is a public thoroughfare, and IHBI members may access this area during your event.
Atrium bookings may be limited based on noise, as it's an open plan space and the noise can impact researchers working on the upper levels of the building.
The kitchen provides facilities for preparing and serving food. You can't cook food on the premises (this includes the use of portable ovens, stoves and frying pans).
- Facilities include
- Commercial fridge, microwave and some cleaning products.
- Not included
- Glasses, plates, cutlery and serviettes.
The entry balcony is a public thoroughfare, and IHBI members may access this area during your event.
No parking is available in the IHBI building. We recommend you use pay and display parking around QUT, or travel by taxi or public transport. Brisbane City Council street parking is available, but limited to 2 hours.
Rooms are available for hire Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm, except for public holidays.
To make a booking:
- Email email@example.com at least four weeks before you'd like to book a room.
- Before you book, you'll need to arrange a time to take a tour of the facilities. During the tour you can discuss any equipment requirements you have.
- Complete the booking form and sign the conditions of hire agreement, and submit both documents to IHBI room bookings.
You can ask us to book cleaning services for you when you make your booking.
If you don't book cleaning services through us, you must clean the facility immediately after your event.
After the event we'll complete a post-event checklist to check that the rooms have been left in satisfactory condition. You may be charged a penalty fee if more cleaning is required.
IHBI room bookings
- Phone: 3138 6000