IHBI’s first Real Health public seminar for 2018 will focus on dementia and ageing. IHBI researchers will discuss genetics, challenges, treatment options and the prospects of halting or slowing dementia and age-associated diseases in the future.
The Real Health public seminar will feature a comprehensive program of presentations and a panel session with researchers taking questions from the floor.
Our experts will answer questions such as:
- What makes you high risk for dementia?
- Is Alzheimer's disease in your genes?
- Can you halt progression of Parkinson's disease? And reverse it?
- How do you know if a loved one has dementia?
Presenters will include Professor Elizabeth Beattie, who will explain her research in understanding and managing wandering in long-term care; and a focus on quality of life for people with dementia.
Professor Graham Kerr will detail his work with older people, with an emphasis on posture, balance and gait; the link between neurological disease and falls; and Parkinson's disease.
IHBI Executive Director Professor Lyn Griffiths will share what her research team is learning about Alzheimer’s disease from clinical trials they conduct, each taking a slightly different approach to unlocking the debilitating condition.
- 21 July 2018 - 21 July 2018
- 10.30 – 11.30am, followed by refreshments
- Gardens Point campus, 2 George Street, Brisbane
- QUT Lecture Theatre, Room P514, Level 5, P Block
- IHBI Events
- 07 3138 6082
- Register here
- Calendar Event
- Add Event to Calendar
- Phone: 3138 6082