The Central Analytical Research Facility (CARF) offers services to external researchers and commercial organisations, ranging from basic technical support to commercial research. Specialist staff are available to carry out work, or qualified users may apply to access equipment.
How to access services and equipment
Step 1: Contact us to discuss your project
Contact the relevant lab manager about your project to provide information about:
- the research or commercial problem you are trying to solve
- the type of information you need
- whether you need results interpreted
- what format you need the results in.
If you are unsure about who to contact, please contact the Central Analytical Research Facility office.
Step 2: Review our proposal
Once we've discussed your project, we'll send you a proposal outlining the:
- feasibility of your project
- best way to obtain the data you need
Step 3: Sign a formal agreement
If you're satisfied with our proposal, we'll send you a formal quote outlining:
- your requirements
- the services we will deliver
- the cost of our services.
Step 4: Check your results
Once the work is completed, we'll send you the results and any reports or interpretation you've requested. Check your results and contact us if you have any questions. QUT Finance will then send you an invoice for the agreed amount.
Central Analytical Research Facility (CARF)
- Phone: 3138 9500
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address:
Central Analytical Research Facility
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001