QUT’s Young Accelerators Program (formerly STEM for Schools) has been running since 2013 and has received several accolades in recognition of the high-quality programming delivered to students and teachers.
We are recruiting new undergraduate students to join our talented Student Ambassador team who play a leading role in inspiring and connecting with the next generation through the delivery of our programs and promotion of STEM.
Why be a STEM Ambassador?
Our Student Ambassadors play an important role in developing and facilitating many of our programs. Your duties will include:
- delivery of the workshops program
- support of large, multi-school events
- developing your skills and knowledge in science communication
- possibility to assist with the development of new program resources.
The benefits to students undertaking a Student Ambassador role include:
- inspiring the next generation of STEM leaders and innovators
- developing your communication skills and graduate capabilities
- developing your professional identity and networks
- reaffirming your own STEM skills and knowledge.
How to apply
We welcome all applications and are particularly interested in applications from students studying Physics, Mathematics (Stats), Environmental Science/Biology, Civil Engineering and dual degrees (in particular, STEM/CI or STEM/HEALTH dual degrees). We are also looking for students who have a creative or entrepreneurial flair.
Applications to be a QUT STEM Student Ambassador are now open. Please apply online here. A copy of the duty statement is on the application form. Limited spaces apply for this competitive program so please adhere to application deadlines. No late applications will be accepted.
- Applications close Friday 29th January 2021
- Interviews will be conducted on Monday 15th February 2021.
Please contact the Young Accelerators team at email@example.com