Professor Lidia Morawska leads our International Laboratory for Air Quality and Health, which is a World Health Organisation (WHO) Collaborating Centre on Air Quality and Health.
We have established an excellent reputation for environmental health research across a range of areas including health impact assessments of climate change, UV radiation and indoor air pollution.
Our academic staff are internationally recognised for their research expertise.
An emphasis on environmental health and sustainable development ensures our research efforts are underpinned by strong quantitative risk assessment techniques, which are essential in contemporary cutting-edge public health research.
Our programs focus on:
- sun and health
- indoor air quality
- global environmental changes and population health.
- Professor Lidia Morawska
- Professor Godwin Ayoko
- Professor Zoran Ristovski
- Professor Ian Stewart
- Professor Wenbiao Hu
- Associate Professor Michelle Gatton
- Adjunct Professor Peter Baade
- Adjunct Professor Shilu Tong
- Adjunct Associate Professor Hansen Sun
- Dr Darren Wraith
- Dr Debbie Duthie
- Dr Geoffrey Minett
- Dr Leonie Cox
- Dr Sam Toloo
- Dr Wendy Miller
- Dr Leisa-Maree Toms
- Dr Julie-Anne Carroll
- Dr Elke Hacker
- Dr Graham Johnson
- Dr Rohan Jayaratne
- Dr Congrong He
- Dr Branka Miljevic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Sun exposure
- Air quality
- Particle physics
Evidence of impact
- New knowledge to inform guidelines and policies to balance risks and benefits of sun exposure
- Strategies for controlling and managing air pollutants
- Integrated health and environmental risk assessments
- Air quality assessment and policy advice
- Environmental health hazard management
- Projection of disease epidemiology
IHBI research enquiries
Contact us to find out about research and discovery at the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI).
- Phone: 3138 6000