Faculty of Health Staff
Distinguished Professor Patsy Yates is a Registered Nurse with extensive experience as a leader in education and research in the health sector. Prior to her appointment as Executive Dean in 2020, Patsy was Professor and Head of the School of Nursing at QUT.
Patsy is also a Co-Director for QUT’s Centre for Healthcare Transformation. She leads a large competitively-funded research program focused on developing workforce capacity in cancer, palliative and aged care, advancing the management of cancer-related symptoms and treatment side effects, and strengthening the nexus between research, policy and practice in cancer, palliative and aged care.
She holds visiting appointments as Lead Researcher for the Cancer Nursing Professorial Precinct at Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Director for Queensland Health’s statewide Centre for Palliative Care Research and Education, and Visiting Fellow at Princess Alexandra Hospital. She is also a Senior Fellow of the Centre for Health Outcomes and Policy Research, University of Pennsylvania.
Patsy is a Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing and the Australian College of Nursing. She has been inducted into the International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame of Sigma Theta Tau International Honour Society of Nursing and was awarded the prestigious USA Oncology Nursing Society Distinguished Researcher Award in 2018. She has also received a Citation from the Australian Learning and Teaching Council for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning.
Patsy is the current President of the International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care and a past-President of Palliative Care Australia.
- Professor Hilary Bambrick (Head of School of Public Health and Social Work)
- Professor Sharon Bentley (Head of School of Optometry and Vision Science)
- Dr Cynthia Cliff (Director of Knowledge Transfer and Partnership Development)
- Mr Ali Drummond (Director of Indigenous Health)
- Associate Professor Debbie Duthie (Director of Indigenous Health)
- Professor Helen Edwards (Associate Dean, International and Engagement)
- Ms Monica Gonzalez (Senior Program and Communications Manager)
- Associate Professor Laura Gregory (Director of Digital Teaching, Learning and Innovation)
- Professor Louise Hafner (Director of Research Training)
- Associate Professor Renata Meuter (Head of School of Psychology and Counselling)
- Professor Fiona Naumann (Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching)
- Professor Lisa Nissen (Head of School of Clinical Sciences)
- Professor Remco Polman (Head of School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences)
- Professor Debra Thoms (Head of School of Nursing)
- Professor David Waugh (Head of School of Biomedical Sciences)
- Ms Helen Weir (Director of Faculty Services)
- Professor Greig de Zubicaray (Associate Dean, Research)