Faculty of Health Staff
Professor Ross Young is a clinical psychologist with a research background in integrating genetic and environmental risks for mental illness. He was Executive Director of the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation (IHBI) at QUT from 2006 until joining the Faculty of Health in early 2013.
Professor Young has research interests in the psychological and biological factors contributing to substance misuse, and major psychiatric illness, such as schizophrenia. He is part of a team that has identified several important risk genes for schizophrenia.
He maintains a Visiting Clinical Appointment at the Princess Alexandra Hospital Alcohol and Drug Assessment Unit (ADAU) and sits on a variety of health related boards including the Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation. He is Chairman of the Board of Mantle Housing and Patron of the Association of Relatives and Families of the Mentally Ill (ARAFMI) Queensland. He is a past National President of the Australian Association for Cognitive and Behaviour Therapy. Professor Young has a visiting research appointment at the Alcohol Research Center at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has published over 200 refereed journal articles and book chapters.
- Professor Hilary Bambrick (Head of School of Public Health and Social Work)
- Professor Sharon Bentley (Head of School of Optometry and Vision Science)
- Dr Cynthia Cliff (Director of Knowledge Transfer and Partnership Development)
- Mr Ali Drummond (Director of Indigenous Health)
- Associate Professor Debbie Duthie (Director of Indigenous Health)
- Professor Helen Edwards (Associate Dean, International and Engagement)
- Ms Monica Gonzalez (Senior Program and Communications Manager)
- Associate Professor Laura Gregory (Director of Digital Teaching, Learning and Innovation)
- Professor Louise Hafner (Director of Research Training)
- Associate Professor Renata Meuter (Head of School of Psychology and Counselling)
- Professor Fiona Naumann (Associate Dean, Learning and Teaching)
- Professor Lisa Nissen (Head of School of Clinical Sciences)
- Professor Remco Polman (Head of School of Exercise and Nutrition Sciences)
- Professor David Waugh (Head of School of Biomedical Sciences)
- Ms Helen Weir (Director of Faculty Services)
- Distinguished Professor Patsy Yates (Head of School of Nursing)
- Professor Greig de Zubicaray (Associate Dean, Research)