Corporate philanthropy aids disadvantaged students
BDO has partnered with QUT to create scholarships for highly motivated but financially struggling students.
We recognise the importance of a connected workplace where giving is a collaboration between employer and employee. Workplace or payroll giving is one of the simplest and most cost effective ways to support a cause you really care about. Businesses and employees benefit, but the real winners are our students, researchers and community engagement programs.
Benefits of giving
Workplace giving has a long history at QUT. Currently, almost 20% of eligible staff at QUT contribute to philanthropic initiatives through our Staff Giving Program, and have donated more than $830,000 over the past 5 years.
- Create a more engaged, productive workforce.
- Generate a greater sense of pride towards your business from your employees.
- Enhance the reputation and social impact of your business.
- Deductions are an easy, tax-effective way to make donations to a cause you really connect with.
- Donations through a workplace giving program are usually made pre-tax, so you enjoy the tax benefit immediately.
- Donations are deducted automatically, with no need to keep or claim receipts at the end of the year.
How to give
If you would like to know more about how your workplace can set up a Workplace Giving Program, or would like to include QUT in your current program, please contact our Development Officer (Annual Giving Officer).