Support the first philanthropically endowed Indigenous Chair in Australia to help amplify the role that Indigenous knowledge, perspectives and practices play in our local, national and international communities.
Create a better future
Indigenous culture in all its diversity is at the heart of Australia’s identity and future.
The Indigenous Chair in Creative Industries will provide input and direction to support learning, teaching, research and outreach across the creative and performing arts, design, digital media and communication disciplines.
Additionally, the Chair will assist in creating pathways to meaningfully connect with Indigenous creatives and communities and, through partnerships with industry, help build pathways to fulfilling careers in the creative industries for Indigenous students.
With your help, QUT can fast track the appointment of the Indigenous Chair in Creative Industries, enabling a new wave of leadership to shape the future of Australia sooner.
“QUT is committed to the pursuit of knowledge for the real world. The establishment of Australia’s first endowed Indigenous Chair will enable QUT to connect with Indigenous perspectives that provide significant insights into our history and future.”
Professor Mandy Thomas, Executive Dean of Creative Industries.
Your gift will help:
- establish the Indigenous Chair in Creative Industries in Australia
- promote Indigenous knowledge through practice, research and nationwide storytelling
- support learning, teaching, research and outreach across creative disciplines
- create pathways to meaningfully connect with Indigenous creatives and communities
- build partnerships with industry to support creative career pathways for Indigenous students
The real world impact of your gift
Your support of the Indigenous Chair in Creative Industries will help QUT realise a meaningful commitment to the Indigenous community by promoting and celebrating exceptional Indigenous talent in Australia.