Ignite is a three day intensive program designed to take individuals or teams with a validated idea for a new venture through the process of determining their business model and market entry strategy.
QUT Entrepreneurship's Ignite Program provides an opportunity for individuals and teams who have an existing venture to refine, develop, validate and grow their concept or business. It is a beginner level, cohort based, online pre-acceleration program that is open to everyone. It is delivered and facilitated by experienced entrepreneurs and industry practitioners.
The program aims to answer the questions:
- What business model should I use to launch my idea?
- What is my market entry strategy?
- Business financials, metrics and investment readiness
- How should I position myself to enter the market?
- Understanding self and building teams
- How to deliver an effective pitch?
The Ignite program will cover:
1. Design your business
- Business Models
- Business Model Canvas / Lean Canvas
- Value proposition canvas
2. Market entry strategy
- Competitive analysis
- Market entry strategy
- Sales funnel
- Pirate metrics (measuring viability)
- Business financial literacy
- Funding & Investment readiness
- Understanding yourself - Self Profiling/Skills assessment, Gap assessment
- Partnerships, co-founders, Key Hires, Mentors, Coaches and Advisory Boards
- Legals, agreements and business structures
- How to prepare your pitch
- Showcase (Pitch)
By the end of this program, participants will be able to apply entrepreneurship principles to the selection of a business model; be able to understand their business financials and key metrics; be able to determine and position their market entry strategy, and be able to deliver an effective pitch.
Format: Online via Zoom and collaboration platforms
*Eligibility Criteria: Must have a validated concept for a new venture
*Presumed Knowledge: Lean Startup methodology, Customer validation
*If you have not previously participated in our Spark, Fuel or Next Level program then we encourage you to review our self-study content prior to program commencement, if required, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lead Facilitator Aaron Birkby, Entrepreneur in Residence, QUT Entrepreneurship.