Alumni board members: (front row, left to right) Andrew Quinn, Jyi Lawton, Earle Johnston, Chenoa Masters; (back row, left to right) Jennifer Muller, Scott Sheppard, Kirsty Garrett, Dr Tim Baker, Samantha Clark, Revy Bryce-Browning, Simone Garske and Ken Gideon.
The Alumni Board operates as the representative executive and strategic management committee of QUT Alumni and provides leadership in relation to alumni activities and policies.
It facilitates ways that the alumni community can support QUT's vision and goals through fostering a culture of engagement and involving alumni in developing strategic links between commerce, industry and professions for mutual benefit.
The Alumni Board is a committee of the QUT Council.
What positions make up the Alumni Board?
- President of QUT Alumni (Chair of Alumni Board and a member of QUT Council) (4-year term).
- One elected member of Council, elected by and from alumni (4-year term).
- Four members of Alumni Board elected by and from alumni (2-year term).
Elections for the Alumni Board
We hold elections for our Alumni Board every two years, and seek nominations from eligible alumni for positions on the Board at those times. The election period for the category “four members of Alumni Board elected by and from QUT Alumni”, for the 2019-2020 term of office opens 11 September 2018 and closes 16 October 2018.
Voting is conducted through the QUT e-ballot system. To vote in the elections you must be a contactable QUT alumnus. To make sure you can participate in elections, update your details online or contact our Alumni Office.
Nomination for a position
Nominations to fill elected positions are open 11 September 2018 - 24 September 2018. Completed nomination forms must reach the returning officer by 4:00pm, 24 September 2018.
Candidates and ballot
Details of candidates will be circulated via email and displayed on this website following the close of nominations. Candidates must comply with the QUT Council - Conduct of Alumni elections guidelines during the election.
If a ballot is required it will open 27 September 2018 and will be conducted electronically through the QUT e-ballot system. Ballots will close at the Annual General Meeting and results will be announced on the evening of Tuesday 16 October 2018. Further information and instructions for alumni voting will be available when voting opens.
Further information for candidates and nominators:
- see the Alumni Board membership and terms of reference
- Alumni Board duties and responsibilities (PDF file, 21.45 KB)
- Alumni Elections campaigning guidelines (PDF file, 277.82 KB)
- contact QUT Elections for more information about the election process
- contact our Alumni Office for more information about the 2018 QUT Alumni Board elections
Register to attend the Alumni AGM, Volunteer and Donor Reception
All alumni are invited to attend the Alumni Annual General Meeting, Volunteer and Donor Reception to be held on Tuesday 16 October 2018 from 5.45pm-8.00pm. This event recognises and celebrates the activities and achievements of the global alumni community.
- Nominations open: September 11, 2018
- Nominations close: September 24, 2018
- Ballot opens: September 27, 2018
- Ballot closes: October 16, 2018
- Alumni AGM, Volunteer and Donor Reception: October 16, 2018
Members of the Alumni Board 2018
- President 2018-2020
- Earle Johnston
- QUT Council member 2017-2020
- Tim Baker
- Board members 2017-2018
- Samantha Clark
- Kirsty Garrett
- Dinesh Palapana
- Andrew Quinn
- Vice-Chancellor's nominees 2017-2018
- Jyi Lawton
- Revy Bryce-Browning
- Jennifer Muller
- Student representative 2018
- Chenoa Masters
Alumni and Development Office
- Phone: +61 7 3138 4778
- Fax: +61 7 3138 1514
Level 3, A Block,
2 George St
- Postal address:
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001