Alumni board members: (front row, left to right) Andrew Quinn, Jyi Lawton, Earle Johnstone, Chenoa Masters; (back row, left to right) Jennifer Muller, Scott Sheppard, Kirsty Garrett, Dr Tim Baker, Samantha Clark, Revy Bryce-Browning, Simone Garske and Ken Gideon.
The Alumni Board operates as the representative executive and strategic management committee of QUT Alumni and provides leadership in relation to alumni activities and policies.
It facilitates ways that the alumni community can support QUT's vision and goals through fostering a culture of engagement and involving alumni in developing strategic links between commerce, industry and professions for mutual benefit.
The Alumni Board is a committee of the QUT Council.
What positions make up the Alumni Board?
- President of QUT Alumni (Chair of Alumni Board and a member of QUT Council) (4-year term).
- One elected member of Council, elected by and from alumni (4-year term).
- Four members of Alumni Board elected by and from alumni (2-year term).
Elections for the Alumni Board
We hold elections for our Alumni Board every two years, and seek nominations from eligible alumni for positions on the board at those times. The next election is scheduled for 2018 (for the 2019-2020 term).
Voting is conducted through the QUT e-ballot system. To vote in the elections you must be a contactable QUT alumnus, as defined by the QUT Alumni Statute 2008. To make sure you can participate in elections, update your details online or contact our Alumni Office.
For more information on the Alumni Board or Alumni elections:
- see the Alumni Board membership and terms of reference
- contact QUT Elections for more information about the election process
- contact our Alumni Office for more information about the 2016 QUT Alumni Board elections.
Members of the Alumni Board 2018
- President 2018-2020
- Earle Johnston
- QUT Council member 2017-2020
- Tim Baker
- Board members 2017-2018
- Samantha Clark
- Kirsty Garrett
- Andrew Quinn
- Vice-Chancellor's nominees 2017-2018
- Jyi Lawton
- Revy Bryce-Browning
- Jennifer Muller
- Student representative 2018
- Chenoa Masters
Alumni and Development Office
- Phone: +61 7 3138 4778
- Fax: +61 7 3138 1514
Level 3, A Block,
2 George St
- Postal address:
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001