The 2018 Alumni Student Leadership Awards recognised 11 students for their leadership on campus and in their communities.
QUT students are leaders on campus, as well as in local, national and international communities. Each year, we recognise the leadership of these students at our Student Leadership Awards ceremony.
The Student Leadership Awards recognise QUT students for their:
- contribution to the university community
- contribution to the wider community while enrolled as a student
- personal development activities
All currently enrolled QUT students studying towards a degree and who have not previously received a Student Leadership Excellence award from QUT are eligible to be nominated. If you are aware of an outstanding student who meets the criteria above, please nominate them for an award.
The awards include:
- one QUT Alumni Student Leader of the Year Award (selected from the Alumni Student Leadership Excellence winners)
- up to nine QUT Alumni Student Leadership Excellence Awards
- QUT Alumni Special Excellence Awards, awarded at the discretion of the judging panel.
The deadline for nominations is Friday 28 June 2019. For more information or to submit a nomination, please see the guidelines and nomination form.
The 2019 awards presentation will be held on the evening of Thursday 19 September in Room Three Sixty.
2018 award recipients
The 2018 Student Leadership Award winners were announced on Thursday 24 May 2018.
- QUT Alumni Student Leader of the Year
- Rebecca Nguyen Le
- QUT Alumni Special Excellence Awards
- Jed Fraser
- Christopher McNeely
- Enya Chong
- Todd Crawford
- Somayeh Hussaini
- Samuel Pitman
- Andrew Trubshaw
- Daniel Vankov
- Victoria Wall
- Carman Wong
QUT Alumni Student Leadership Excellence Awards
- Phone: 3138 4778
- Postal address:
Alumni and Development Office
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane Qld 4001