Education a university for the real world

Where will my qualifications be recognised?

Teacher registration

If you want to teach in Queensland schools you must be registered with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT). Your course information will specify whether your are eligible to apply for registration as a teacher in Queensland.

Childcare approved qualifications

Your course information will specify whether your course is:

  • an approved childcare qualification with the Department of Education, Training and Employment (Office for Early Childhood and Care)
  • accredited by the New South Wales Department of Community Services for employment in children's services
  • approved by the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority.

Can I work overseas or interstate?

Many of our degrees are recognised in other states or countries. In some locations you'll have to meet other requirements as well.

If you want to teach outside Queensland, you should check the registration requirements in the state or country you want to teach in.


Faculty of Education - Student Support Office