Education a university for the real world

Considering studying education?

Where can I work with an education degree from QUT?

Our degrees aren't just for the classroom. Our innovative and forward-looking courses cover a wide range of specialist areas that lead you to jobs in:

  • schools
  • early childhood settings
  • community and industry learning places.

Your teaching qualification can also lead to a career in educational management.

Your course details will specify whether your course meets the requirements for registration as a teacher or childcare worker.

Find out more about the professional recognition you can apply for with our degrees

Which course is right for me?

Which course is right for you depends on:

  • your previous study and work experience
  • whether you're looking to start, change or enhance your career in education.

Find out which course is right for you

Which areas can I specialise in?

We offer specialist courses whether you want to work in early childhood, primary schools or secondary schools.

For some courses, you can choose which subject areas you want to teach.

Find out which specialisations you can choose

Which campus can I study at?

We deliver courses at our Kelvin Grove campus, and online. Some units in specific courses are offered at our Gardens Point campus.

For some courses, you can choose how and where you want to study. But most of our courses, or specialisations within courses, are offered only in certain ways.

Check the course details to find out how our courses are delivered.

Will I do professional experience in real schools?

You'll complete professional experience placements as part of most of our courses.

Professional experience placements give you the opportunity to work in real school classrooms or early childhood settings, supervised by practising professional educators.

More information about professional experience

Do I need a blue card?

As a pre-service teacher, you must undergo a criminal history check prior to undertaking professional experience in a school or early childhood centre, or undertaking activities in any unit which may involve contact with children or young people (under 18 years).

You'll be required to lodge your blue card application on commencement of studies and must obtain the blue card and have it registered with QUT before commencing your first professional experience placement.

If you hold an existing offer with a blue card condition for Education courses, you are not required to submit your blue card application to accept your offer. You are permitted to lodge your blue card application upon commencement of your studies.

How do I get a blue card?

When you're accepted into one of our courses, we'll give you more information about how to apply for a blue card.

You should apply for your blue card as soon as you're accepted into your course because it can take a while to process your application.



HiQ is your place to go for student services, support and general enquiries.

Online answers 24/7

Find your answers faster by searching our information and common FAQs.

Chat online

To start an online chat with us, please make sure pop-ups aren't blocked on your web browser.