We strive for consistent excellence in learning and teaching.
We are unique in our blend of large-scale teacher education and research excellence.
Our key values are:
- assurance of learning goals detailing intended learning outcomes in all programs, linked to specific graduate capabilities
- diversity of staff and students
- internationalisation of programs, students and staff
- equity of opportunity
- blended learning
- work integrated learning
- professional, business and industry links and certifications
- technological excellence lifelong learning.
We strive to ensure out courses articulate as fully as possible from undergraduate to postgraduate levels, encouraging continuous professional development and knowledge building. We maintain strong linkages with the profession and see our professional community incorporating state, national and international educational organisations.
Our staff are committed to improving the quality of education for diverse learners both in Australia and beyond. Many of our pre-service graduates are registered with the Queensland College of Teachers, but others work in child care settings or as trainers in community and industry settings, where registration is not required.
Quality assurance and reporting
Our quality assurance and course reporting process guarantees excellence throughout our course design and delivery to ensure accreditation with state and national bodies.
Accreditation is only achieved, and sustained, through a rigorous process of improvement, self-evaluation and assessment.
Our wide range of professional development programs provides learning opportunities for teachers and other educators across many specialisations.
We are delighted that our staff have recieved awards for teaching excellence. It is both a wonderful recognition of their individual excellence and a confirmation of the Faculty of Education's efforts to improve the quality of student learning.
Australian Awards for University Teaching
Award for Programs that Enhance Learning
In 2013, Associate Professor Peter Hudson, Dr Suzanne Hudson, Dr Mallihai Tambyah and Justine Hudson from the Faculty of Education received an Award for Programs that Enhance Learning, for their work on the Teacher Education Done Differently (TEDD) program.
The TEDD program is founded on sustained local/regional educational partnerships to advance pre-service teacher education in a low socioeconomic regional campus of QUT. Further, through its national partnerships, TEDD's reach and benefits have been extended through embedding in-school development of mentors for pre-service teachers.
Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
- Associate Professor Mary Ryan (2014)
- For leadership in developing and implementing a coherent approach to teaching and assessing reflective learning across disciplines and university programs to enhance student learning.
- Associate Professor Peter Hudson, Dr Suzanne Hudson, Dr Mallihai Tambyah and Justine Hudson (Teacher Education Done Differently Team) (2012)
- For the development of innovative school-based experiences and professional development programs that promote theory-practice connections and foster pre-service teachers' professional knowledge, skills and confidence.
- Associate Professor Julie Davis (2011)
- For leadership in Education for Sustainability through teacher education which challenges student thinking, transforms learning and teaching, and heightens personal commitment to sustainable living.
- Associate Professor Jo Lampert (2010)
- For sustained commitment to faculty and university-wide leadership in providing innovative learning and teaching related to social inclusion, equity and Indigenous education.
QUT's real-world learning philosophy features in all our courses.
Our students have the opportunity to participate in unique and innovative programs and activities.
A teaching qualification from QUT will provide you with excellent employment prospects. Our courses make you highly employable throughout Australia and the world.
Faculty of Education - Office of Teaching and Learning
- Phone: 07 3138 0585
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 0585
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2, A Block,
Victoria Park Road
Kelvin Grove Qld 4059
Faculty of Education
- Phone: 3138 3947
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 3947
- Fax: 3138 3949
- Email: email@example.com
- Level 2, A Block
Victoria Park Rd
- Postal address:
Faculty of Education
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001
Get just the information you want on courses, scholarships and events.