The Creative Communication for Development Team (CCDT) is a research team that provides consultancy, training, and evaluation services in development communication.
Our strong inter-disciplinary team has an established track-record over the last 10 years of work in:
- Sri Lanka
- Papua New Guinea
- Solomon Islands.
CCDT is a unit managed by the Office of Research in the Creative Industries Faculty at the Queensland University of Technology, in consultation with QUT Commercial Services. CCDT is able to respond quickly to clients' and partners' needs and requests as they arise, while maintaining the backing of the University's financial, personnel and quality assurance support.
Continuing education and professional development
We provide continuing education and professional development programs and services, including:
- participatory content creation
- ethnographic action research
- practice-led research
- cross-cultural awareness
- community consultation
- multi-interest facilitation
- curriculum design
- training in oral and written communication skills, including public speaking, interviewing techniques, assertiveness, and conflict resolution
- training in specific information and communication media including radio, journalism, film-making, digital-storytelling, and community theatre
- training, mentorship or coaching for individuals in the areas of intercultural communication for development, and cultural leadership
- capacity-building for leadership and management
- capacity-building in the area of communication planning, development and design of practical communication strategies, and monitoring and evaluation of communication initiatives
- media materials development.
Research and consultancy services
For institutions and organisations, we offer research and consultancy services in:
- ICT for development
- IEC (Integrated Education and Communication) and media materials development
- radio production
- applied theatre and performance
- training of trainers
- evaluation capacity building
To find out more contact, please contact Professor Brad Haseman.
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Fax: 3138 8116
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059
Creative Industries Newsletter
Join our eNewsletter to gain access to the latest news about QUT Creative Industries publications, events, student stories, creative works and industry trends.