Join us for the 5th International STEM in Education Conference from 21-23 November 2018 at QUT in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
The conference will feature in-depth research presentations, professional conversations about best practice, engaging panel discussions, and practical presentations designed to enable delegates to explore and develop new ideas about integrated STEM education.
- Dr Alan Finkel, Australia's Chief Scientist
- Marek Kowalkiewicz, QUT Business School Professor and PwC Chair in Digital Economy
- Fred Watson, Astronomer and Head of Lighting and Environment, Australian Astronomical Observatory
- Lyn English, Professor of STEM in Education, Faculty of Education, QUT
- Perspectives on STEM in education
- Transdisciplinary learning in STEM
- STEM skills for innovation and creativity
- Research-based practices for engaging students in STEM learning
- Digital technologies/learning spaces facilitating STEM learning
- School-industry-community partnerships in STEM
- STEM teacher education and professional learning
- Integrated pedagogical approaches to STEM
- Policy and leadership for improving STEM
- Assessment and evaluation of STEM outcomes
- STEM as critical literacy
- Diverse learners in STEM
- STEM and environmental sustainability
- Challenges and opportunities for STEM education in schools
- Show-casing effective STEM education practices
- Designing Learning Spaces for STEM
- Implementing a whole-school approach to STEM education through leadership
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL) in STEM education
- Creativity in STEM Education
Who should attend?
Academics, researchers, teachers, education officers, industry partners, postgraduate and undergraduate students, vendors developing STEM education-related tools and products for an integrated STEM curriculum.
5th International STEM in Education Conference
Creative Industries Faculty
- Phone: 3138 8114
- Postal address:
QUT Creative Industries Faculty
Kelvin Grove QLD 4059