- Provides foundational knowledge and skills in the fields of Information Technology and Business
- Learn in a highly supportive environment with access to a suite of services designed to help achieve your study goals and advance your career
- Receive 48 credit points of advanced standing towards QUT IT or Business degrees
Explore this course
What to expect
The Undergraduate Certificate (Information Technology and Management) provides you with foundational knowledge and skills related to the broad fields of information technology and business. Covering both practical and theoretical realms, this qualification will help you to decide further study options and design your career pathway.
As an online student, you will learn in a highly supportive environment and have access to a suite of services designed to help achieve your study goals and advance your career.
Careers and outcomes
Upon completion of this certificate by December, 2020 you will be automatically offered a place in the following single degrees:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Information Technology
with each subject credited to each of these degrees.
Advanced standing may also be granted for many other QUT degrees. Applications to enter another QUT are made via QTAC.
Details and units
The Undergraduate Certificate (Information Technology and Management) provides you with foundational knowledge and skills related to the broad fields of information technology and business.
The four units of study in this course can be used as credit towards a number of degrees including the Bachelor of Information Technology, the Bachelor of Business and the double degree Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Information Technology.
- Course code
- 6 months full-time
Minimum entry requirements
- Completion of year 12 (or equivalent); or
- Completed Certificate IV (or higher); or
- 3 years full-time (or equivalent) work experience.
Before you start this course we assume you have sound knowledge in these areas
- English (4,SA)
- Maths A, B or C (4,SA)
English language proficiency
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- IELTS (Academic): 6.5 or better overall with no sub-score below 6.0
- PTE: 58 or better overall with no sub-score below 50
- TOEFL (IBT): 79 or better overall with a writing sub-score of 21 or better, speaking sub-score of 18 or better, and 16 or better for all other sub-scores
- CAE: 176 or better overall with no sub-score below 169.
Advanced standing is not available in this course.
To receive the discounted student contribution amount you must enrol in all four units to complete the course by December 2020.
This course is not available to QUT students who are currently studying or have passed the same or equivalent units in other QUT studies.
There are limited number of Commonwealth Supported places in this course. Places are likely to fill early so you are encouraged to apply for this course as soon as possible to secure a place.
Minimum English language requirements
We offer English language programs to improve your English and help you gain entry to this course.
When you apply for this course, we will recommend which English course you should enrol in.
If you have not completed an English language test, you can sit the IELTS test at our IELTS test centre
Your actual fees may vary depending on which units you choose. We review fees annually, and they may be subject to increases.
2020: CSP Discounted Rate $4,038 for 48CP (full time enrolment required)
HECS-HELP: loans to help you pay for your course fees
You may not have to pay anything upfront if you're eligible for a HECS-HELP loan.
You can apply for scholarships to help you with study and living costs.