My sincere appreciation to you all for your efforts in supporting this important initiative. I have overseen a number of these programs, and have worked with global business schools, i.e. Columbia, INSEAD, Wharton. QUT is comfortably a peer of the aforementioned in the quality of syllabus developed and the manner it was delivered.APN News and Media
APN News and Media
Residential programs held in Brisbane and New Zealand for the senior and middle managers charged with guiding APN News and Media through dramatic challenges in the company's business environment.
Each participant is challenged with:
- leadership development
- business strategy
- entrepreneurship and innovation
- creative problem solving
- managing change
- customer relationship management
- financial management
- project management.
Two multiphase professional development and coaching programs:
- one for the executive leadership team
- one for senior technical managers.
These two interconnected programs are designed to help the company manage their dynamic growth in a highly complex business environment, which features:
- two multinational joint venture partners
- numerous influential stakeholders
- a very significant investment program to develop large coal seam gas resources.
Defence Materiel Organisation (DMO)
Defence Materiel Organisation (DMO) appointed QUT as their strategic partner in complex project management and strategic procurement education. A number of interrelated and transformational education activities have built a network of change agents in the Commonwealth and the defence industry supply chain that are actively working across complex environments to significantly improve the delivery of defence capabilities.
- Executive Master of Business (Complex Project Management)
- Executive Master of Business (Strategic Procurement)
- professional development workshops for a broader defence audience on topics addressed by the executive masters programs
- applied research to measure the effectiveness of complex program leaders.
Our executive masters programs are grounded in systems thinking. They challenge each participant's self-realisation and discipline expertise to develop holistic, cross-disciplinary program and commercial leaders.
International Centre for Complex Project Management (ICCPM)
International Centre for Complex Project Management (ICCPM) is a not-for-profit organisation disseminating research and providing education and support services to businesses and government organisations undertaking the world's most complex projects. Effective program leadership can improve a project's fit-for-purpose and return on capital. A five or ten percent improvement delivers significant additional capability and/or benefits.
In conjunction with ICCPM, QUT offers a range of short courses, including the Systems thinking and complex project management course. This three-day short course introduces organisational and project leaders to the concepts of systems thinking and holistic decision making.
These national and international organisations have already benefited from combining classical reductionist project management with holistic program leadership:
- Australian Aerospace
- Australian Defence Joint Logistics Command
- Australian Defence Material Organisation
- Boeing Defence Australia
- BAE Systems (Australia and UK)
- Canada National Defence with Thales and Lockheed Martin (Ottawa Canada)
- Defence Acquisition University and Georgetown University (Washington DC USA)
The ICCPM is also leading a proposal for a Collaborative Research Centre for Managing Complex Projects and Programs.
To see people change their behaviours and to make improvements to the way that they manage their people has been one of our great benefits.Ken Pickard, Managing Director, Moore Stephens Queensland
Moore Stephens Queensland
Accounting and professional services practice Moore Stephens Queensland engaged QUT to develop and deliver an executive leadership and business strategy program. Our close collaboration has led to improved staff retention and diversification of their revenue base.
QUT is a strategic partner to the Queensland Government for the provision of two major cross-sector programs:
We have also partnered with a number of individual agencies to collaboratively design and deliver customised programs to meet agency-specific business objectives, including:
- Department of Education – coaching framework
- Department of Transport and Main Roads – leadership and executive coaching
- Department of Treasury – business case preparation and evaluation
- Department of Premier and Cabinet – leadership development
- Office of the Queensland Parliamentary Counsel – executive coaching
Royal Dutch Shell Plc appointed QUT as one of four global learning partners to form the Shell Project Academy and Finance in Projects program. We work as part of a global consortium in the Academy to deliver a cutting-edge, dedicated project and financial management education program.Royal Dutch Shell
Royal Dutch Shell Plc appointed QUT as one of four global learning partners to form the Shell Project Academy (SPA) and Finance in Projects (FIP) program. We work as part of a global consortium to deliver a cutting-edge, dedicated project and financial management education program.
QUT Graduate School of Business
- Phone: 3138 1057
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 1057
- Email: email@example.com
- Level 4, B Block
2 George St
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Level 1
2 King St
Deakin ACT 2600