We focus on building excellence and aspire to become one of the leading Economics and Finance departments within business schools.
Our research strength lies within these specialised areas:
- Behavioural Economics
- Environmental Economics and Public Policy
- Financial Econometrics
- Corporate Finance.
Our groups and centres
National Centre for Econometric Research
The National Centre for Econometric Research (NCER) is a research organisation dedicated to enhancing econometric research and to disseminating the outcomes to policymakers, business professionals, and the academic community.
Queensland Behavioural Economics Group
Integrating economics, psychology and neuroscience, The Queensland Behavioural Economics Group (QuBE) is exploring the interplay of emotions and rational thoughts that drive behaviour and decision-making.
Resource and Development Economics for Public Policy Group
This group utilises a range of economic techniques to provide policy insights into issues including non-market benefits of marine habitats, development decisions to align with sector sustainability, and changes to infrastructure needs.
Our student topics and projects
- Applied and Behavioural Economics in Health
- Financial Econometrics and Risk
- Incorporating recreational and indigenous considerations into commercial fisheries management
- Macroeconomic implications of household choices of fertility, education and health
- Quantitative and Qualitative measurement of Airline performance
- Uncertainty, Investor Sentiment and Financial Market Anomalies