The Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (ACPNS) aims to bring to the community the benefits of teaching, research, technology and service relevant to philanthropic and nonprofit communities.
Combined with our strong industry links and unique and practical teaching, we stay at the leading edge of knowledge, providing our students with a teaching and research environment that is up to date and relevant to the needs of students interested in pursuing careers in the philanthropic and nonprofit sectors.
The centre was the first fully accredited member of the Nonprofit Academic Centers Council in the southern hemisphere, being a member with the most prestigious and innovative centres in North America.
To bring to the community the benefits of teaching, research, technology and service relevant to philanthropic and nonprofit communities.
- Teaching and learning: to ensure that QUT students in philanthropy and nonprofit studies possess an education that enhances the capacity of the philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
- Research: to advance and apply knowledge germane to the philanthropic and nonprofit community in order to assist in policy reform, the creation of social capital and to enhance civil society.
- Technology: to bring the benefits of appropriate technology to the philanthropic and nonprofit sector.
- Community engagement: to contribute to the professionalism, effectiveness and international reputation of the Australian philanthropic and nonprofit sector by providing professional service and participating in policy reform relevant to philanthropy and the nonprofit sector.
Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies
- Phone: 3138 1020
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 1020