QUT Business School representation on the Australian Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce (QLD)
QUT Business School is now a corporate member of the Australian Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce (QLD), with Associate Professor Artemis Chang elected to its Executive Committee.
Associate Professor Chang, from the School of Management at QUT's Business School, was presented with the certificate of appointment at the Inauguration Dinner on Saturday, 29 June 2013 at the Shangri-la Restaurant, Sunnybank.
Artemis will represent the Queensland Chapter by attending the Oceania meeting in Taipei in September this year, connecting to 700 representatives from the Australasia region.
Taiwan is Australia's sixth-largest merchandise export market, and the Queensland Charter is the most active in Australia. ATCC-Q organizes the annual Taiwanese Culture Festival in September, and runs regular educational seminars, youth training camps, and business meetings for Taiwanese entrepreneurs or those working with the Taiwanese businesses.
Artemis sees great potential in increasing QUT's visibility to business leaders within the Taiwanese community. "I feel excited about the potential opportunity for research, service and teaching. There is the potential to grow student work place projects, corporate education programs, and many other collaborative activities."
The charter of ATCC-Q is to:
- promote the status of Taiwanese entrepreneurs in Queensland and to identify and develop potential business and investment opportunities in Queensland and Australia
- strengthen mutual contacts, co-operations and friendships among Taiwanese entrepreneurs throughout Australia and to exchange business skills, management experiences and intellectual knowledge
- provide business and financial information and resources to Queensland Taiwanese entrepreneurs in order to strength economic and trade co-operations between Australia, Taiwan and Oceania countries
- work and lobby for the betterment of the status of Taiwanese entrepreneurs in Australia and to enhance the relationship between the officials of Australia and Taiwan.
- promote social and cultural exchange in order to enhance the mutual understanding and economic developments.
Artemis will be the point of contact for ATCC-Q across QUT.
Associate Professor Artemis Chang receiving her certificate of appointment
QUT Business School
- Phone: 3138 2050
- Fax: 07 3138 1055
- Email: email@example.com
- Level 1, B Block
2 George St
- Postal address:
QUT Business School
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001