QUT has announced the establishment of nine University Research Centres representing high-quality and focussed research activity that aligns to the university's key research strengths.
Vice-Chancellor and President Professor Margaret Sheil has announced the centres, following an external review process.
“The University Research Centres are established with the primary purpose of developing high-quality, critical mass in research capabilities that are nationally and internationally leading,” Professor Sheil said.
“These centres represent our research strengths that have a global reputation and provide a focus for strong external engagement.”
The new structure of University Research Centres will support QUT in achieving its research ambitions by profiling QUT’s research strengths, encouraging research leadership and support growth and sustainability of investment in research.
The new research centres and centre directors are:
- Centre for the Future Enterprise – Professor Michael Rosemann
- Digital Media Research Centre – Professor Jean Burgess and Associate Professor Michael Dezuanni (Associate Director)
- Centre for the Digital Child – Professor Susan Danby
- Centre for Health Outcomes, Systems and Services – Distinguished Professor Patsy Yates and Professor Steven McPhail (Co-Directors)
- Centre for Biomedical Technologies – Associate Professor Travis Klein
- Centre for Data Science – Distinguished Professor Kerrie Mengersen
- Centre for Materials Science – Professor Dimitri Golberg and Associate Professor Kathryn Fairfull-Smith (Co-directors)
- Centre for Robotics – Distinguished Professor Peter Corke and Professor Michael Milford (Deputy Director)
- Centre for Agriculture and the Bioeconomy – Professor Sagadevan Mundree and Professor Ian O’Hara (Deputy Director).
Media contact: Rose Trapnell, QUT Media Team Leader, 07 3138 2361, 0407 585 901, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUT Business School
- Phone: 3138 2050
- Postal address:
QUT Business School
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001