The Export Council of Australia is looking for students who are interested in working with successful Australian companies engaged in international business.
The 2018 Premier of Queensland’s Export Awards is a recognition program that acknowledges the important contribution that Queensland exporting businesses make to our state's economy through job creation and increased prosperity in the community.
As part of the program, successful students will work in teams of two, to assist Queensland exporters in completing their application for the Queensland Export Awards. As part of the project you will:
- Undertake preliminary research on a select groups of companies you have been assigned
- Prepare for an interview with the company to obtain the relevant information you require to complete a submission on their behalf
- Meet with the company personally or interview the company via Skype to gather the relevant information regarding their international business activities
- Draft a submission for the awards application to be sent to the company
Your main role in assisting the companies with the application process is to prepare sections of the application that concentrate on:
- Company history and background on their international success
- International Marketing Strategy
- International export strategy: operations, risk management, finance etc
- Future objectives for the company: markets, operations etc
- Student applications close: Friday, 17 May
- Internship interviews: Tuesday, 22 May
- Training session: Thursday 31 May (9.30am-11:00am)
- Project work: Monday 25 June to Friday 27 July
All students must be available during these dates to be successful with this application. As part of the project, the Export Council of Australia will run a training session at 1 William Street, Brisbane that will guide you through the application process, prepare you for the interviews, and set up a timeline for your projects.
Ideally students will be majoring in marketing and/or international business. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analysis and research skills, and be able to work well in a small team.
Students will work in teams of two and up to 8 positions are available.
To apply, send your CV with a one-page cover letter (max 3 pages in total) outlining your suitability for the project and your interest in working with Queensland exporting companies. Your full application should be provided as a single PDF document and sent by email to email@example.com
If you have enquiries about the project, please contact Dr Charmaine Glavas firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr Charmaine Glavas
Applications are now open for the 2019 Premier of Queensland's Export Awards Student Intern Program
QUT Business School
- Phone: 3138 2050
- Postal address:
QUT Business School
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001