You’re given a parchment when you graduate from your course. You can request a replacement parchment if:

  • your parchment is lost or damaged
  • you’ve changed your name.

My original parchment has been lost or damaged in the post

If your parchment doesn't arrive within a month of your graduation or conferral date, or is damaged in the post, let us know through AskQUT so that we can issue you a replacement.

If you graduated more than two months ago, you'll need to apply for a replacement.

My original parchment was issued by another institution

If you’ve lost your parchment and it was issued by one of QUT's predecessor institutions (such as QIT, BCAE), after you apply for a replacement, we’ll issue you a substitute parchment with an appropriate endorsement identifying the original institution.

I've changed my name

You can apply for a replacement parchment if you’ve changed your name. You’ll need to return your original parchment and provide certified copies of either your marriage certificate, birth certificate, or deed poll along with a change to personal details (D form)(PDF file, 200.8 KB).

Applying for a replacement

To apply for a replacement parchment:

  1. Complete the Request for Replacement Parchment (RP form)(PDF file, 274.7 KB), including the statutory declaration.
  2. Pay by credit card online through QUTPay.
  3. Submit your RP form, payment receipt and supporting documentation to the address on the form.

If your original parchment was damaged, return it with your application.

Applying from outside Australia

If you're applying from outside Australia where a statutory declaration is not available, complete an equivalent declaration attesting to the truth of your statement and have it witnessed by an officer authorised to witness an oath.

A list of these officials is available on the last page of the Request for Replacement Parchment (RP form).


Each replacement costs $80, which you can pay through QUTPay.

Available for

  • Alumni
  • General public
  • Students

How long will it take

Allow ten working days to process a replacement parchment. Processing can take up to 20 working days during peak periods (July and December). To avoid delays, please submit the required documents and payment receipt with your form.

Your replacement parchment will be sent by Registered Post (within Australia) or Air Mail (overseas) unless you pay an additional $30 to have it couriered.