Counsellors and welfare officers at International Student Services provide a professional, confidential and free counselling service to international students.
An international student counsellor or welfare officer can:
- give you individual support
- act as a mediator when appropriate
- assist in the event of a personal crisis or emergency.
There may be times when you need support or advice about your:
- social environment
- personal relationships
- academic studies including your rights and obligations
- time management
Visiting a counsellor or welfare officer helps you gain perspective and clarity on a particular issue, and helps you explore the options more clearly.
International student counsellors and welfare officers are qualified social workers, psychologists and counsellors, who have a deep understanding of issues affecting international students. They are very experienced in helping students from diverse cultures settle into their new life here at QUT.
How we work
You can talk to us in person, on the phone, or by email. Sometimes it will be possible to help you within one session, while other issues may require further follow-up sessions to find a resolution.
All information about your sessions with us are private and confidential. Only counsellors and welfare officers can access your information. We won't share your information unless:
- you give us permission to disclose your information
- you or another person are at serious risk
- we are required by law to disclose information.
Contact International Student Services to make an appointment with us.
- International students
International Student Services (ISS)
- Postal address:
International Student Services - QUT Gardens Point
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Phone: 3138 3963
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 3963
- Phone: 3138 2019
- Int. phone: +61 7 3138 2019