Ms Xin Gu
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Xin Gu is Senior Research Associate in Creative Industries Faculty, QUT, Brisbane, Australia. She received her Doctor of Philosophy with Manchester Metropolitan University UK in 2008: ‘Social Networks in Cultural Industries – Fashion, New Media and Network Development Policy’, which was funded by the UK’s North West Development Agency. She has worked closely with the Creative Industries Development Services (CIDS) in Manchester to deliver public support to the creative industries locally and regionally. She has also worked with other research and consultancy organisations for creative industries in UK including MIPC (Manchester Institute of Popular Culture) and FOCI (Forum on Creative Industries). Xin has studied in the fields of
- urban planning
- local economic development.
She has developed projects in Belgium, Holland, England and Finland. She has also co-ordinated and lectured in postgraduate courses in CIF QUT on entrepreneurship in creative industries and the development of creative industries in Asia.Xin is currently working on the ARC linkage project about the development of creative clusters in China.
creative industries, cultural economy, cultural geography, cultural industries, cultural policy, culture studies, sociology
Cultural Studies, Communication and Media Studies, Sociology
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy. "Social Networks in Cultural Industri
- Unit Coordinator and Lecturer - KKP001 Entrepreneurship in Creative Economy, Master of Creative Industries, Creative Industries Faculty, QUT
- Lecturer - KKP601 Critical Enquiry Research Methods, Creative Industries Faculty, QUT
- Lecturer and Tutor - KKP407 Creative Industries in Asia; Master of Creative Industries, Creative Industries Faculty, QUT
- 2008-2009: Tutor - Vocational Resarch Experience Scheme.