Dr Vernon Coffey
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
exercise physiology, skeletal muscle, hypertrophy/atrophy/damage, mitochondrial biogenesis, dietary protein, carbohydrate metabolism, sarcopenia, obesity
Human Movement and Sports Science, Nutrition and Dietetics
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Physiology) (RMIT Univesity Melbourne)
XNB486 Practicum C (Work integrated learning for Exercise Science Professionals)
- Whittaker J, Linden M, Coffey V, (2013) Effect of aerobic interval training and caffeine on blood platelet function, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 45 (2), pp. 342-350.
- Areta J, Burke L, Ross M, Camera D, West D, Broad E, Jeacocke N, Moore D, Stellingwerff T, Phillips S, Hawley J, Coffey V, (2013) Timing and distribution of protein ingestion during prolonged recovery from resistance exercise alters myofibrillar protein synthesis, Journal of Physiology, 591 (9), pp. 2319-2331.
- Camera D, West D, Burd N, Phillips S, Garnham A, Hawley J, Coffey V, (2012) Low muscle glycogen concentration does not suppress the anabolic response to resistance exercise, Journal of Applied Physiology, 113 (2), pp. 206-214.
- Burke L, Hawley J, Ross M, Moore D, Phillips S, Slater G, Stellingwerff T, Tipton K, Garnham A, Coffey V, (2012) Preexercise aminoacidemia and muscle protein synthesis after resistance exercise, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 44 (10), pp. 1968-1977.
- Coffey V, Moore D, Burd N, Rerecich T, Stellingwerff T, Garnham A, Phillips S, Hawley J, (2011) Nutrient provision increases signalling and protein synthesis in human skeletal muscle after repeated sprints, European Journal of Applied Physiology, 111 (7), pp. 1473-1483.
- Camera D, Edge J, Short M, Hawley J, Coffey V, (2010) Early time course of Akt phosphorylation after endurance and resistance exercise, Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 42 (10), pp. 1843-1852.
- Coffey V, Pilegaard H, Garnham A, O'Brien B, Hawley J, (2009) Consecutive bouts of diverse contractile activity alter acute responses in human skeletal muscle, Journal of Applied Physiology, 106 (4), pp. 1187-1197.
- Coffey V, Jemiolo B, Edge J, Garnham A, Trappe S, Hawley J, (2009) Effect of consecutive repeated sprint and resistance exercise bouts on acute adaptive responses in human skeletal muscle, American Journal of Physiology - Cell Physiology, 297 (5).
- Coffey V, Hawley J, (2007) The molecular bases of training adaptation, Sports Medicine, 37 (9), pp. 737-763.
- Coffey V, Zhong Z, Shield A, Canny B, Chibalin A, Zierath J, Hawley J, (2006) Early signaling responses to divergent exercise stimuli in skeletal muscle from well-trained humans, FASEB Journal, 20 (1), pp. 190-192.