Adjunct Associate Professor
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Vivienne Muller has an abiding interest in feminist psychoanalytic theories, and she is combining some of these with cultural geography frameworks for her PhD thesis on Narrative representations of Brisbane 1975-1995.As well as publishing in a number of areas, Vivienne lists poetry writing as one of her ongoing pursuits and has, over the years, been involved in the Brisbane writing scene and in the organisation of local writing festivals.
American and Australian liteary studies, Brisbane writers and writing, Cultural representations of the body, Feminist scholarship, Gender issues, Psychoanalytic theory, Representations of the maternal, Women's writing
Literary Studies, Cultural Studies
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (University of Queensland)
- MLitSt (University of Queensland)
- DipEd (University of Queensland)
- BA(Hons) (University of Queensland)
- Muller V, (2008) Lost children and imaginary mothers in Sonya Hartnett's 'Of a Boy', Hecate, 34 (1), pp. 159-174.
- Muller V, (2008) Good and bad mothering: Lionel Shriver's 'we need to talk about Kevin'. In J Kelso & M Porter, Theorising and Representing Maternal Realities, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, pp. 38-53.
- Muller V, (2006) Abject d'Art, M/C Journal, 9 (5), pp. 1-3.
- Muller V, (2006) Constituting Christopher: Disability Theory and Mark Haddon's 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time', Papers: Explorations into Children's Literature, 16 (1), pp. 118-125.
- Muller V, (2006) Age Shall Not Weary Them': The Case of Adriana Iliescu and the Older Maternal Body, Outskirts: feminisms along the edge, 14, pp. 1-13.
- Muller V, (2004) Mum's the Word: Mother as a Poetic and Pregnant Signifier. In S Pearce & K Mallan, Seriously Playful: Genre, Performance and Text, Post Pressed, pp. 85-94.
- Pearce S, Muller V, (2002) Introduction, Manning the Next Millennium: Studies in Masculinities, pp. 1-7.
- Muller V, (2001) 'I Have My Own History': Queensland Women Writers from 1939 to the Present, Queensland Review, pp. 69-89.
- Muller V, (1999) City Bodies: Urban Grunge and Andrew McGrahan's Praise. In , Gritty Cities, Pluto Press, pp. 87-96.
- Muller V, (1997) Love, Lust, Life - Landscape: Writing about Brisbane in the last Twenty Years, Queensland Planner, pp. 12-17.
Completed supervisions (Masters by Research)
- Not Like My Mother: Truth and the Author in Creative Nonfiction (2009)
- Who are the MySpace Generation and how can they be represented in a work of fiction? (2009)
- Alternative Brisbane masculinities : fictional representations within recent Brisbane narratives (2008)
- Blue Horses and Illuminating the Shadow (2008)
- The construction of masculinities in Australian realist young adult fiction (2008)
- White Writing Black: Issues of Authorship and Authenticity in Non-Indigenous Represenations of Australian Aboriginal Fictional Characters (2007)
- Dangerous Places (2002)