Dr Sanjleena Singh
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
I work with state of the art imaging equipment such as the Zeiss Sigma SEM, Tescan Mira3, light microscopes, petrographic microscopes and Nikon Confocal Florescence and epiflorescence microscope. For surface profiling, I use Atomic Force Microscope (BMT and Nanosurf), training PhD students and researchers on instruments for their project. I am also involved in combining biological work (cell culture) with engineering scaffolds and facilitating cutting edge research in tissue engineering
Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Imihami Mudiyanselage C, Singh S, Afara I, Wolff A, Tesfamichael T, Ostrikov K, Oloyede A, (2017) Bactericidal effects of natural nanotopography of dragonfly wing on Escherichia coli, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 9 (8), pp. 6746-6760.
- Afara I, Singh S, Moody H, Zhang L, Oloyede A, (2017) Characterization of articular cartilage recovery and its correlation with optical response in the near-infrared spectral range, Cartilage, 8 (3), pp. 307-316.
- Nguyen T, Oloyede A, Singh S, Gu Y, (2016) Investigation of the effects of extracellular osmotic pressure on morphology and mechanical properties of individual chondrocyte, Cell Biochemistry and Biophysics, 74 (2), pp. 229-240.
- Wijesinghe W, Mantilaka M, Chathuranga Senarathna K, Herath H, Premachandra T, Ranasinghe C, Rajapakse R, Rajapakse R, Edirisinghe M, Mahalingam S, Imihami Mudiyanselage C, Singh S, (2016) Preparation of bone-implants by coating hydroxyapatite nanoparticles on self-formed titanium dioxide thin-layers on titanium metal surfaces, Materials Science and Engineering C: Materials for Biological Applications, 63, pp. 172-184.
- Rasel M, Li T, Nguyen T, Singh S, Zhou Y, Xiao Y, Gu Y, (2015) Biophysical response of living cells to boron nitride nanoparticles: uptake mechanism and bio-mechanical characterization, Journal of Nanoparticle Research, 17 (11), pp. 1-13.
- Singh S, Afara I, Heidarkhan Tehrani A, Oloyede A, (2015) Effect of decellularization on the load-bearing characteristics of articular cartilage matrix, Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine, 12 (5), pp. 294-305.
- Nguyen T, Oloyede A, Singh S, Gu Y, (2015) Microscale consolidation analysis of relaxation behavior of single living chondrocytes subjected to varying strain-rates, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 49, pp. 343-354.
- Thibbotuwawa N, Oloyede A, Li T, Singh S, Senadeera W, Gu Y, (2015) Physical mechanisms underlying the strain-rate-dependent mechanical behavior of kangaroo shoulder cartilage, Applied Physics Letters, 107 (10), pp. 1-5.
- Afara I, Moody H, Singh S, Prasadam I, Oloyede A, (2015) Spatial mapping of proteoglycan content in articular cartilage using near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy, Biomedical Optics Express, 6 (1), pp. 144-154.