Dr Sharmistha Dey
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Information
Research discipline: Information Systems
- Expert Performance in Information Systems: This area of research investigates the qualities, knowledge, skills and expertise is required for to make an employee an expert in a given context. Contrary to the common belief that expert performance is a reflection of innate abilities and capacities, this research demonstrates that expert performance in Information Systems is predominantly mediated by acquired complex skills, expertise, knowledge capabilities and experience.
- Enterprise Systems Teaching: From both curricula development and research points-of-views, this research area attempts to develop a methodological framework to guide academics and practitioner on the types of knowledge, skills and expertise required for Enterprise Systems teaching and learning.
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
- Master of Business Administration (Griffith University)
- Master of Information Systems (Griffith University)
- Bachelor of Arts (University of Calcutta)
- Sedera D, Dey S, (2008) Using degree of proficiency for classifying respondents in IS success evaluations, Proceedings of the 16th European Conference on Information Systems, pp. 1239-1250.
- Sedera D, Dey S, (2008) Expert Performance in Information systems, International Conference on Information Systems 2008, pp. 1-13.
- Sedera D, Dey S, (2007) Everyone is Different! Exploring the Issues and Problems with ERP Enabled Shared Service Initiatives, Americas Conference on Information Systems 2007, pp. 1-6.
- Sedera D, Magal S, Dey S, (2007) Hands on enterprise system: Procurement and order fulfilment.
- Sedera D, Dey S, (2006) Multi-Stakeholder Assessment of Critical Success Factors: Insights from the World's Fastest SAP R/3 Implementation, Proceedings of the 12th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS 2006), pp. 2471-2481.
- Sedera D, Tan F, Dey S, (2006) Identifying and Evaluating the Importance of Multiple Stakeholder Perspective in Measuring ES-Success, Proceedings of the 14th European Conference on Information Systems, pp. 1-12.
- Sedera D, Dey S, (2005) The AST View of ES Knowledge Management: Insights from World's Fastest SAP R/3 Implementation, Proceedings of the Eleventh Americas Conference on Information Systems: A Conference on a Human Scale, pp. 1-8.