This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyAssociate Professor Robyn Clark is a Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife and Critical Care Nurse who holds a Masters Degree in Adult Education and a PhD Heart Failure Management.
She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Nursing and Life Member of the Australian College of Critical Care Nurses.
Associate Professor Clark was the inaugural recipient of a National Institute of Clinical Studies (NICS- NHMRC) scholarship supported by the National Heart Foundation for researching the management of heart failure in rural and remote Australia using telephone supported database systems.
Her current roles include:
- NHMRC Research Training Fellow - QUT
- Member - QUT's Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation
- Adjunct to the University of South Australia and the Sansom Institute
- CIA Project Manager - CARDIAC-ARIA project: an ARC Linkage Project with collaborating partners Alphapharm Pty Ltd, University of South Australia, University of Queensland, Monash University and The Baker IDI.
<span id='badgeCont309434' style='width:126px'><script src='http://labs.researcherid.com/mashlets?el=badgeCont309434&mashlet=badge&showTitle=false&className=a&rid=D-1604-2009'></script></span>
Aboriginal And Torres Strait Islander, CVD Secondary Prevention, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiovascular Public Health, Disparity In Cardiovascular Diesease, Heart Disease, Heart Failure Management, Inequity In Access To Healthcare, Rural And Remote Cardiovascualr Disease, Telemonitoring
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Uni of South Australia)
- MEd (Uni of South Australia)
- Grad Dip Applied Science (Flinders University of SA)
- BN (Flinders University of SA)
Professional memberships and associations
- 2007 - present: Reviewer - British Medical Journal
- 2007 - present: Reviewer - European Journal of Heart Failure
- 2006 - present: Reviewer - Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health
- 2007 - present: Reviewer - Medical Journal of Australia
- 2007 - present: Reviewer - International Journal of Cardiology
- 2007 - present: Reviewer - International Rural and Remote Journal: The International Electronic Journal of Rural and Remote Health Research, Education Practice and Policy
- 2007 - present: Reviewer - Contemporary Nurse
- 2003 - present: Reviewer - European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
- 1991 - present: Reviewer - Australian Critical Care Journal
- Reviewer - Galbreath Fundamentals of Pharmacology 3rd and 4th Edition.
- Alumini NHMRC-National Institiute of Clinical Studies
- Affiliate to the Cardiac Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- 1976 - present: Nursing and Midwifery Board of South Australia
- 2000, 2003-2006: Nurses and Midwives Board of New South Wales
- 2003 - 2006: Nurses Board of Victoria
- 2003 - 2006: ACT Nursing and Midwifery Board
- 2003 - 2006: Queensland Nursing Council
- 2003 - 2006: Nurses Board of Western Australia
- 2003 - 2006: Nurse Board of Northern Territory
- 2003 - 2006: Nursing and Midwifery Board of Tasmania.
- Australian Nursing Federation
- 2002 - 2003: Secretary - Australian Resuscitation Council SA Branch
- Confederation Australian Critical Care Nurses (CACCN)
- 1983, 1984, 1995: Australian Society of Parenteral Nutrition Nurses
- Royal Adelaide Hospital Nurses Professional Development Fund.
- The Royal College of Nursing - Australia
- CRANA (Council for Remote Area Nurses)
- 1998: Life Membership - Australian College of Critical Care Nurses
- 1996 - present: American Society of Critical Care Nurses
- 1995 - 1997: President - CACCN Inc.
- 1994 - 1997: ATCA (Australian Transplant Coordinators Association)
- 1994 - 1997: TSANZ (Transplant Society Australia and New Zealand)
- 1991 - 1995: Treasurer - CACCN Inc.
Committees and consultancies
- Consultant - Australian Unity Telemonitoring in Heart Failure Project
- Member - South Australian Department of Health CARDIAC NETWORK-DATA Committee
- Member - South Australian Department of Health CARDIAC NETWORK- Heart Failure Committee
- Consultant / Advisor - South Australian Health Department on the implementation of Telehealth for Chronic Disease Management
- 2008 - 2010: Funding selection panel member - Women’s and Children’s Hospital Research Fund
- 2003 - present: Nurse Ambassador National Heart Foundation
- 2006 - present: Reviewer - Grant applications National Heart Foundation
- 2002, 2003: Secretary - Australian Resuscitation Council
- 1997 - 1999: Member - Commonwealth Government National Nursing Organisations Committee
- 1997: Member - Commonwealth Government Committee for the Database Dictionary Definition on Intensive Care
- 1994 - 1996: Secretary / Member South Australian Health Commission Advisory committee on organ donation and transplantation
- 1991 - 1996: Consultant - National Research Project for Development of Critical Care Standards.
- NSB224 Research Approaches in Nursing (3rd Year Undergraduate program)
- National Heart Foundation Nurse Ambassador Program
- UniSA On-line learning consultant-Nursing Undergraduate Programs
- Research Assistant SAM-(Safe Administration of Medicines Website Project)
- Clinical Lecturer, Department of Clinical Nursing University of Adelaide -Graduate Diploma Programs (High Dependency & Medical Nursing)
- Adelaide University - On-line and Flexible Learning Project Team
- Department of Human Services SA Telehealth Partners, Telehealth Nurse Education Program Project Officer-Rural and Remote Education Program
- Clinical Nurse Educator -Graduate Nurse Programme
- Clinical Nurse Educator - Staff Development
- Clinical Nurse Educator -Critical Care/ High Dependency / Recovery / Anaesthetics
- Associate Professor Nursing and Midwifery School of Nursing and Midwifery Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove Campus.
- NHMRC Research Fellow (Australian Training Fellowship) Social Epidemiology Group, Sansom Institute for Health Sciences, University of South Australia.
- CIA-Project Manager ARC Linkage Project LPO775217 “Cardiac-ARIA.”
- Research Consultant National Heart Foundation-SA Branch.
- Research Fellow, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Department of Clinical Pharmacology Coordinator Health Sciences Divisional Honours Program.
- National Institute of Clinical Studies PhD Scholar Supported by the National Heart Foundation.
- National Heart Foundation Nurse Ambassador Program
- On-line learning consultation /Research Assistant SAM-Safe Administration of Medicines website project.
- University of Adelaide-Graduate Diploma Programs (High Dependency & Medical Nursing).
- University of Adelaide - On-line and Flexible Learning Project Team.
- Sydney Olympics Volunteer Medical Team.
- Department of Human Services SA Telehealth Partners, Telehealth Nurse Education Program Project Officer.
- TQEH Staff Development, Graduate Nurse Programme.
- Organ Donation and Transplant Coordinator SA & NT.
- Clinical Nurse Educator, Staff Development Critical Care High Dependency / Recovery / Anaesthetics. The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Centre for Nursing Education.
- Nursing Supervisor/ Evening Nurse Manager / TQEH.
- Nursing Supervisor Wakefield Memorial Private Hospital, Adelaide.
- Charge Nurse Intensive Care Unit Wakefield Memorial Private Hospital, Adelaide.
- Senior Registered Nurse / ICU Equipment Officer TQEH.
- Midwife, The Queen Victoria Hospital.
- Senior Registered Nurse ICU, TQEH.
- British Nursing Agency / National Heart Hospital, Harley Street / Wycombe Nursing Agency Buckinghamshire.
- ICU Registered Nurse TQEH.
- General Registered Nurse Training The Queen Elizabeth Hosptial (TQEH).
- Ranasinghe I, Turnbull F, Tonkin A, Clark R, Coffee N, Brieger D, (2012) Comparative effectiveness of population interventions to improve access to reperfusion for ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction in Australia, Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes, 5 (4) p429
- Clark R, Coffee N, Turner D, Eckert K, van Gaans D, Wilkinson D, Stewart S, Tonkin A, (2012) Application of geographic modeling techniques to quantify spatial access to health services before and after an acute cardiac event: The Cardiac Accessibility and Remoteness Index for Australia (ARIA) Project, Circulation, 125 (16) p2006
- Coffee N, Turner D, Clark R, Eckert K, Coombe D, Hugo G, van Gaans D, Wilkinson D, Stewart S, Tonkin A, (2012) Measuring national accessibility to cardiac services using geographic information systems, Applied Geography, 34 () p445
- Inglis S, Clark R, Cleland J, McAlister F, Stewart S, (2008) Structured telephone support or telemonitoring programs for patients with chronic heart failure [Intervention Protocol], Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2008 (3) p1
- Bessen T, Clark R, Shakib S, Hughes G, (2009) A multifaceted strategy for implementation of the Ottawa ankle rules in two emergency departments, The BMJ, 339 () p396
- Clark R, Yallop J, Piterman L, Croucher J, Tonkin A, Stewart S, Krum H, (2007) Adherence, adaptation and acceptance of elderly chronic heart failure patients to receiving healthcare via telephone-monitoring, European Journal of Heart Failure, 9 (11) p1104
- Clark R, Inglis S, McAlister F, Cleland J, Stewart S, (2007) Telemonitoring or structured telephone support programmes for patients with chronic heart failure: Systematic review and meta-analysis, The BMJ (British Medical Journal), 334 (7600) p942
- Clark R, Eckert K, Stewart S, Phillips S, Yallop J, Tonkin A, Krum H, (2007) Rural and urban differentials in primary care management of chronic heart failure: New data from the CASE study, Medical Journal of Australia, 186 (9) p441
- Clark R, Driscoll A, Nottage J, McLennan S, Coombe D, Bamford E, Wilkinson D, Stewart S, (2007) Inequitable provision of optimal services for patients with chronic heart failure: A national geo-mapping study, Medical Journal of Australia, 186 (4) p169
- Clark R, Driscoll A, (2009) Access and quality of heart failure management programs in Australia, Australian Critical Care, 22 (3) p111
- Determining Populations at Risk of Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) Using Applied Geographic Information Technology For Predicting Healthcare Service Needs in Rural, Remote and Indigenous Aust Populatio
- Primary fund type
- CAT 1 - Australian Competitive Grant
- Project ID
- Start year
- Cardiovascular Disease; Risk Factors; Epidemiology; Demography; Geographic Variations; Rural and Remote