Mr Richard Thomas
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
C++, Metrics, Migration to object technology, Object technology, Object-oriented analysis, Object-oriented design, Object-oriented languages, Object-oriented programming, Software engineering, Software process improvement
Other Information and Computing Sciences
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Masters of Applied Science (Queensland University of Technology)
- BSc (Trinity Western University)
Professional memberships and associations
Member of the IEEE-CS (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers - Computer Society)
IT education member - OPEN Consortium (Object-oriented Process Environment and Notation)
Founding Member of Software Engineers Australia
- Hogan J, Thomas R, (2006) Working Together: Building Effective Software Engineering Team. In C Bruce, G Mohay, G Smith, I Stoodley & R Tweedale, Transforming IT Education: Promoting a Culture of Excellence, Informing Science Press, pp. 143-161.
- Hogan J, Smith G, Thomas R, (2006) RWSP: Industry-Based Projects and Modern Software Engineering Practice for Large Classes. In C Bruce, G Mohay, G Smith, I Stoodley & R Tweedale, Transforming IT Education: Promoting a Culture of Excellence, Informing Science Press, pp. 163-177.
- Hogan J, Smith G, Thomas R, (2005) Tight spirals and industry clients: the modern SE education experience, Australian Computing Education Conference, pp. 217-223.
- Hogan J, Thomas R, (2005) Developing the Software Engineering Team, Australasian Computing Education: Proceedings of ACE2005, pp. 203-209.
- Clarke S, Thomas R, Adams M, (2005) Developing Case Studies to Enhance Student Learning, Australasian Computing Education: Proceedings of the Seventh Australasian Computing Education Conference (ACE2005), pp. 101-107.
- Marrington A, Hogan J, Thomas R, (2005) Quality Assurance in a Student-Based Agile Software Engineering Process, Proceedings of the 2005 Australian Software Engineering Conference: ASWEC 2005, pp. 324-331.
- Cahill J, Hogan J, Thomas R, (2002) The Java Metrics Reporter - An Extensible Tool for OO Software Analysis, Proceedings Ninth Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference, pp. 507-516.
- Hogan J, Smith G, Thomas R, (2002) The Real World Software Process, Proceedings Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC 2002), pp. 366-375.
- Thomas R, (1999) Conference on Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages, and Applications 1999 - Educators' Symposium: Group Dynamics in Software Engineering, Proceedings of OOPSLA '99, pp. 30-39.
- Thomas R, (1999) Industry Experience in Migrating to Object Technology, Technology of Object-oriented Languages and Systems 28, pp. 69-76.