Dr Ross Hayward
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Environment, Security, Information
Research discipline: Computer Science
- Vegetation Classification from high resolution images collected from unmanned aerial vehicles for the purpose of ensuring the integrity of electrical power infrastructure.
- A fair play robotic simulation environment that admits evolutionary development by simulating time, enabling robots designed for exotic computer architectures yet simulated on conventional computers to compete.
- Evolutionary approaches to circuit design and self-repair on Field Programmable Gate Arrays.
Artificial Intelligence and Image Processing
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD (Queensland University of Technology)
- Grad.Dip (Computing Science) (Queensland University of Technology)
- B.App.Sc (Computing) (Australian National University)
- Li Z, Liu Y, Hayward R, Zhang J, Cai J, (2008) Knowledge-based power line detection for UAV surveillance and inspection systems, Proceedings of the 2008 23rd International Conference - Image and Vision Computing New Zealand p1
- Li Z, Hayward R, Zhang J, Liu Y, (2008) Individual tree crown delineation techniques for vegetation management in power line corridor, Proceedings Digital Image Computing: Techniques and Applications, DICTA 2008 p148
- Tang M, Feng Y, Burnett L, Hayward R, Raymond K, (2007) A Reference Station Placement Scheme in Deployment of Network Real-Time Kinematic Positioning Systems, International Global Navigation Satellite Systems Society - IGNSS Symposium 2007 p1
- Rasmussen R, Maire F, Hayward R, (2007) A Template Matching Table for Speeding Up Game Tree Searches for Hex, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4830 () p283
- Rasmussen R, Maire F, Hayward R, (2006) A Move Generating Algorithm for Hex Solvers, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 4304 () p637
- Josang A, Hayward R, Pope S, (2006) Trust Network Analysis with Subjective Logic, Conference Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth Australasian Computer Science Conference (ACSW 2006) p85
- Hayward R, (2003) Using Images to Compare Two Constructive Network Techniques, Proceedings of the 16th Australian Conference on Artificial Intelligence - Advances in A.I. (AI 2003) p544
- Breutel S, Maire F, Hayward R, (2003) Extracting Interface Assertions from Neural Networks in Polyhedral Format, Proceedings of the 11th European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks p463
- Chalup S, Hayward R, Diederich J, (1998) Rule Extraction from Artificial Neural Networks Trained on Elementary Number Classification Tasks, Proceedings of ACNN'98 p265
- Hayward R, Hogan J, Dillon L, Diederich J, (1998) Explaining Networks with Predicates, Proceedings of ACNN'98 p148
Completed supervisions (Doctorate)
- Composite SaaS Resource Management in Cloud Computing using Evolutionary Computation (2013)
- Aerial Image Analysis Using Spiking Neural Networks with Application to Power Line Corridor Monitoring (2011)
- Algorithmic Approaches for Playing and Solving Shannon Games (2008)
- Analysing the Behaviour of Neural Networks (2004)