Dr Qi Xiao
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Queensland University of Technology, Australia, 2015
- Master of Science, Nanjing University of Technology, China, 2011
- Bachelor of Engineering, Nanjing University of Technology, China, 2008
- 09/2015~present, Postdoctoral Fellow, School of Chemistry, Physics and Mechanical Engineering, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- 04/2015~09/2015, Research Assistant, School of Chemistry, Physics and Mechanical Engineering, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Current research area
- Direct photocatalysis of metal nanoparticles
- 08/2011~present: plasmonic photocatalysis & heterogeneous catalysis―design, synthesis of new metal nanoparticle photocatalysts (AuNP, AgNPs and various alloy NPs etc.), and direct photocatalytic synthesis of fine organic chemicals using visible light
- 09/2008~06/2011: organic synthesis―synthesis of novel organic optoelectronic functional materials and their photophysical properties study
photocatalysis, heterogeneous catalysis, metal nanoparticles, plasmonics, nanomaterials
- Xiao Q, Liu S, Bo A, Zavahir F, Sarina S, Bottle S, Riches J, Zhu H, (2015) Catalytic transformation of aliphatic alcohols to corresponding esters in O2 under neutral conditions using visible-light irradiation, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 137 (5), pp. 1956-1966.
- Cui W, Xiao Q, Sarina S, Ao W, Xie M, Zhu H, Zhaorigetu B, (2014) Au-Pd alloy nanoparticle catalyzed selective oxidation of benzyl alcohol and tandem synthesis of imines at ambient conditions, Catalysis Today, 235, pp. 152-159.
- Xiao Q, Jaatinen E, Zhu H, (2014) Direct photocatalysis for organic synthesis by using plasmonic-metal nanoparticles irradiated with visible light, Chemistry - An Asian Journal, 9 (11), pp. 3046-3064.
- Zhang Y, Xiao Q, Bao Y, Zhang Y, Bottle S, Sarina S, Zhaorigetu B, Zhu H, (2014) Direct photocatalytic conversion of aldehydes to esters using supported gold nanoparticles under visible light irradiation at room temperature, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 118 (33), pp. 19062-19069.
- Xiao Q, Sarina S, Jaatinen E, Jia J, Arnold D, Liu H, Zhu H, (2014) Efficient photocatalytic Suzuki cross-coupling reactions on Au-Pd alloy nanoparticles under visible light irradiation, Green Chemistry, 16 (9), pp. 4272-4285.
- Sarina S, Zhu H, Xiao Q, Jaatinen E, Jia J, Huang Y, Zheng Z, Wu H, (2014) Viable photocatalysts under solar-spectrum irradiation: Nonplasmonic metal nanoparticles, Angewandte Chemie (International Edition), 53 (11), pp. 2935-2940.
- Xiao Q, Sarina S, Bo A, Jia J, Liu H, Arnold D, Huang Y, Wu H, Zhu H, (2014) Visible light-driven cross-coupling reactions at lower temperatures using a photocatalyst of palladium and gold alloy nanoparticles, ACS Catalysis, 4 (6), pp. 1725-1734.
- Sarina S, Zhu H, Jaatinen E, Xiao Q, Liu H, Jia J, Chen C, Zhao J, (2013) Enhancing catalytic performance of palladium in gold and palladium alloy nanoparticles for organic synthesis reactions through visible light irradiation at ambient temperatures, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 135 (15), pp. 5793-5801.