Dr Noel Tracey
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Noel has worked as an Associate Lecturer and Lecturer in the School of Management since 2005. Prior to moving into academia, he held senior management positions within the retail sector with operational responsibility for Queensland. Noel also held the position of Executive Chair for a medium sized eco-tourism focused resort south of Stanthorpe.
- Change Management
- Corporate reputation and financial performance
His thesis examined the relationship between firms’ corporate reputation and their long-term future financial performance. Corporate reputation was represented by measuring the level of senior executives’ attention to a number of intangible firm resources (e.g. financial reputation, service culture, product quality) within firms’ annual reports over a 16 year period. Initial findings suggested there was only a small relationship between reputation and future performance which led to a reformulation of the
problem in which reputation was posited to be a source of corporate resilience that helped firms with stronger reputations to sustain superior financial performance in times of economic difficulty, as well as allowing them to rebound more quickly from performance decline. Results supported this
interpretation of corporate reputation as well as indicating that industry sectors operate in different reputational ‘domains’ in which the relative importance of financial versus stakeholder aspects of corporate reputation varies.
Other Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
- Masters of Information Technology (Queensland University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Business, HRM & Management (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Change management
- Operations management
- Workplace Relations
- Site Manger, BP Australia
- Retail Manager (Central QLD) BP Australia
- Store Manager | Area Manager, Overflow Stores QLD
- State Manager (QLD), Leisure and Allied Industries
- Executive Chairman, Girraween Environmental Lodge