Mr Michael Willmett
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Michael (Mike) Willmett is Lecturer in Academic Development for the Foundations of Learning and Teaching program. In this role Mike supports QUT’s frontline staff to realise their potential as university educators. Mike has been a Creative Industries core Unit Coordinator, Lecturer and Tutor at Kelvin Grove and Caboolture campuses, as well as a sessional academic in the Music Discipline since 2011. Mike’s sustained commitment to Learning and Teaching at QUT is evidenced by recieving a Vice-Chancellor's Preformance Award (2017), nominations for Vice-Chancellor's Award for Excellence in "recognition of exceptional sustained performance and outstanding achievement in learning and teaching; partnerships and engagement; innovative and creative practice; and influence on work culture or climate" (2017) and "recognition of exceptional sustained performance and outstanding achievement in learning and teaching" (2014), a Highly Commended Award for Innovative Teaching Practice (overall) and People's Choice Award (Creative Industries Faculty) as part of the Sessional Teaching and Reflection Showcase (2014), and in being recognised as a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2017).
Curriculum and Pedagogy, Design Practice and Management
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Master of Music (MMus) (Queensland University of Technology)
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Visual Art) (Queensland University of Technology)
- KKB341 Work Integrated Learning 1 (capstone BCI unit) | 2015 – 2017 (including Summer Semesters) | Academic Supervisor for Music Internships
- KKB342 Work Integrated Learning 2 (capstone BCI unit) |2015 – 2017 (including Summer Semesters) | Academic Supervisor for Music Internships
- KMB107 Sound Image Text (open music elective)| 2011 – 2017 | Unit coordinator (assisting), Lecturer and Head Tutor at both Kelvin Grove and Caboolture campus.
- KKB101 Peoples an Practices (first year BCI core unit)|2013 – 2015 | Tutor
- KKB102 Making Connections (first year BCI core unit) | 2013- 2014 | Tutor
- KMB119 Music and Sound Production 1 (first year core music major subject) | 2012 – 2015 | Tutor
- KMB137 Critical Listening 1 (first year core BMus subject) | 2015 | Tutor
- KMB139 Critical Listening 2 (first year core BMus subject) | 2015 | Tutor
- KMB140 Creative Studio (first year core BMus subject) | 2013 – 2014 | Tutor
- KMB141 Creative Studio (first year core BMus subject) | 2013 – 2014 | Tutor
- KPB201 Experimental Production | 2012 | Guest Tutor
- KPB105 Narrative Production | 2011 | Guest Tutor
- KKP001 Entrepreneurship in the Creative Economy | 2010 | Guest Tutor
- Your Tokyo (2008) - EP
- Fire! Romance! Fire! (2010) - Album
- Shallow Highs (2013) - Album
He performed with My Fiction throughout Australia, as well as showcased at the College Music Junction (New York), MUSexpo (Los Angeles) and BigSound (Brisbane), and was a recipient of an Australian Arts Council ArtStart Grant in 2012.