Dr Muthuraaman Bhagavathi Achari
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyBroad area of research: Smart Systems
Main areas of research
- Direct conversion of solar radiation to electricity by solar cells fabricated by TiO2 nanoparticles and Ruthenium complexes.
- Preparation of Polymer electrolytes and their blends for the nanocrystalline dye-sensitized solar cells.
The performance and effectiveness of a solar cell device mainly depend upon its design and the properties of the photovoltaic materials included especially the light absorbers and their connections to the external circuit. The choice of the charge mediator involved may also be crucial. The choice of the electrolyte material and its composition is crucial in the efforts to obtain optimized overall efficiencies of nanocrystalline dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSC).
Awards and recognitions
- Secured Second Rank in M. Sc (Chemistry).
- Sambuvarayur Endowment Scholarship for Meritorious Student in Post-Graduation.
- Project Research Fellow - UGC-UPE Project, Department of Energy, University of Madras, India.
- Senior Research Fellowship Award - Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, India.
- Best Student Achiever Award - University of Madras, Chennai, India.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Department of Energy, University of Madras, Guindy campus, Chennai – 600 025. India.
Master of Science (M.Sc) in ChemistryPost Graduate and Research Dept. of Chemistry. Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirapalli-620 020. Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli- 620 024. India
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Chemistry Post Graduate and Research Dept. of Chemistry Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirapalli-620 020. Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli-620 024. India.
Dye-sensitized solar cells, Polymer solar cells
- Reviewer for an Academic Journal
- Reference year
- Reviewer for the "Composite Science and Technology" journal
- Academic Honours, Prestigious Awards or Prizes
- Reference year
- Best Student Achiever Award.