Dr Matthew Delbridge
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
- Set and Media Design, US premiere of Peggy Shaw's RUFF @ OutNorth Anchorage and COIL Festival PS122
- Set and Media Design UK national tour of Jonzi D's Markus the Sadist
- Set and Media DesignUK/US premiere of Split Britches Lost Lounge (London-New York).
- Actor Training
- Interactive Performance Environments
- Motion Capture
Matt represents QUT as an international partner in the VIMMA project 2013-14 delivering masterclasses in design and performance for Motion Capture at LUME for the Centre for Practice as Research in Theatre at the University of Tampere. He was a member of the organising committee for the 2012 ADSA conference hosted at QUT in July 2012 convening the design and spaces stream, and was the recipient of a $40k Creative Partnerships grant from Arts Queensland to host Split Britches at QUT for a month long residency in July/August 2012.
- Feb 2010 - present: Matt joined QUT - Early Career Academic Research and Development Program (ECARD)
- 2008 - 2010: Technical Director - Drama Department - Queen Mary, University of London.
- 2006 - 2008: Studio Coordinator - Deakin Motion.Lab - Deakin University.
- 1999 - 2006: Technical Director - Drama and Dance Department in the SCCA - Deakin University.
Actor Training, Digital Performance, Motion Capture, Performance Capture, Scenography, Stage Design, Theatre Production
Film, Television and Digital Media, Performing Arts and Creative Writing
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Doctor of Philosophy (Queensland University of Technology)
- Postgraduate Diploma (The University of Melbourne)
Professional memberships and associations
- Member - Peer Review College - AHRC (Arts Humanities Research Council): 2009-2016
- Member - Scenography Working Group - IFTR (International Federation for Theatre Research)
- Member - USITT (United States Institute for Theatre Technology)
- Associate Artist, Queensland Theatre Company 2011-13
- 2012/13: KRB120 - Scenography and the Art of Technical Theatre
- 2012/13: KRB121 - Visual Theatre
- 2012/13: KRB220 - The Scenographic Divide
- 2012/13: KRB221 - Intermedial Applications for the Theatre
Matt has worked extensively throughout Australia and overseas on major international festivals as a scenographer and technical director for both Film and Theatre. He is an Associate Artist with Queensland Theatre Company 2011-13, serves on the Peer Review College of the AHRC 2009-16 and was a member of the board of management for Contact Inc 2010-11.
- 2013: Scenography/Media Design "Total Dik!" Creative Development series The Greenhouse, Queensland Theatre Company
- 2012/13: Scenography/Media Design Peggy Shaw's "RUFF" - COIL Festival PS122 New York (13'), Arches Festival Glasgow (13'), Chelsea Theatre London (13'), Out North Contemporary Arts Anchorage Alaska (12')
- 2009-12: Digital Scenography for "The Lost Lounge" - The Peoples Palace London (10'), Dixons Place New York (09'), ATHE Conference Chicago (11'), QUT Precincts (12')
- 2009/10: Digital Scenography for "Markus the Sadist" - UK National Tour
- 2009: PIPP (Pedestrian Installation Patch Project), Sampled Festival Sadlers Wells, London
- 2007: Scenography and Real Time Motion Capture for “The Silk Road Project” - Deakin Motion.lab
- 2007: Production Scenography for “The Album Project Reloaded” - Victorian Arts Centre Trust