Professor Margaret Petty
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Margaret Maile Petty is Professor and Head of the School of Design in the Creative Industries Faculty at Queensland University of Technology (AU). Her research broadly investigates the discourse, production, and consumption practices of the modern built environment, with a particular focus on artificial lighting and interiors. She has published broadly in academic journals such as the JSAH, Journal of Design History, Home Cultures, Interiors, and PLAT and is co-editor of Cities of Light: Two Hundred Years of Urban Illumination (Routledge, 2015) with Sandy Isenstadt and Dietrich Neumann, as well as Architectures of Display: Department Stores and Modern Retail (Ashgate, 2017) with Anca Lasc and Patricia Lara-Betancourt.
- PhD (Victoria University of Wellington)
Professional memberships and associations
- Member, Cumulus International Association of Universities and Colleges of Art, Design, and Media
- Co-founder and member of the Advisory Board of DesignCo, NZ
- Member, Society of Architectural Historians (SAH)
- Member, Society of Architectural Historians of Australia and New Zealand (SAHANZ)
- Member, International Committee on the History of Technology (ICHOTEC)