Dr Madeleine Schultz
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Environment, Health
Research discipline: Chemistry
- New chiral ligands from amino acids
In this project, the coordination chemistry of a family of new chiral ligands is being studied. The ligands are based on iminodiacetic acid and nitrilotriacetic acid cores. Dr Schultz aiming to prepare metal helicates and chiral macrocycles.
Areas of expertise
- Inorganic chemistry
- Organometallic chemistry
- Bioinorganic chemistry.
Selected research projects
- New chiral ligands from amino acids.
catalysis, organometallic chemistry, phosphine ligands, synthesis
Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- PhD - Inorganic Chemistry (University of California)
- Masters in Education (Queensland University of Technology)
Professional memberships and associations
- Mullen K, Schultz M, (2012) Short answer versus multiple choice examination questions for first year chemistry, International Journal of Innovation in Science and Mathematics Education, 20 (3), pp. 1-18.
- Bouzaid J, Schultz M, Lao Z, Bartley J, Bostrom T, McMurtrie J, (2012) Supramolecular selection in molecular alloys, Crystal Growth and Design, 12 (8), pp. 3906-3916.
- Schultz M, (2011) Sustainable assessment for large science classes: Non-multiple choice, randomised assignments through a Learning Management System, Journal of Learning Design, 4 (3), pp. 50-62.
- Schultz M, Eisentrager F, Regius C, Rominger F, Hanno-Igels P, Jakob P, Gruber I, Hofmann P, (2012) Crowded Diphosphinomethane Ligands in Catalysis: [(R2PCH2PR'2-Kappa2P)NiR'']+ Cations for Ethylene Polymerization without Activators, Organometallics, 31 (1), pp. 207-224.
- Hill A, Niess B, Schultz M, White A, Williams D, (2010) Organometallic macrocyclic chemistry. 8.(1) An unusual metallacycle derived from phosphine-alkynyl thioether coupling, Organometallics, 29 (23), pp. 6488-6492.
- Schultz M, Roa E, (2009) Tris[4,4,4-trifluoro-1-(2-thienyl)butane-1,3-dionato]aluminium(III)-tris[4,4,4-trifluoro-1-(2-thienyl)butane-1,3-dionato]iron(III) (3/1), Acta Crystallographica Section E: Crystallographic Communications, 65 (8), pp. 1-11.
- Schultz M, Kulis J, Murison J, Andrews G, (2008) Synthesis of dianionic and trianionic chiral, chelating ligands based on amino acids, Australian Journal of Chemistry, 61 (4), pp. 297-302.
- Schultz M, (2008) Di-[mu]-iodido-bis[(diethyl ether-[kappa]-O)([eta]5-1,3-di-tert-butylcyclopentadienyl)ytterbium(II)], Acta Crystallographica Section E: Crystallographic Communications, 64 (1), pp. 1-10.
- Walter M, Schultz M, Andersen R, (2006) Weak paramagnetism in compounds of the type Cp2Yb(bipy), New Journal of Chemistry, 30 (2), pp. 238-246.
- Hill F, Rae A, Schultz M, Willis A, (2007) Bis(alkynyl), metallacyclopentadiene, and diphenylbutadiyne complexes of ruthenium, Organometallics, 26 (6), pp. 1325-1338.
- Supporting a new generation: development and transfer of pedagogical content knowledge in tertiary chemistry
- Primary fund type
- CAT 1 - Australian Competitive Grant
- Project ID
- Start year
- Pedagogical Content Knowledge; Chemistry Education; Academic Staff Development