Mr Michael Cox
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
Michael has had a broad range of experiences as an academic with QUT. His involvement has been at all levels of the development of the International Business program, where he has been involved for most of his teaching career. He has also contributed in an administrative capacity as Faculty Chair of the Library Committee and now the Subject Area Coordinator of the International Business and Logistics Program.
His research contributions have included being a grant recipient and initiator of faculty and university industry collaborative grants, and as a writer, presenter, and contributor at national and international conferences. Michael’s professional industry involvement has seen him create links with major organisations such as the Supply Chain Conference, The Warehouse Group, Brisbane City Works, and The Port of Brisbane Corporation.
He has been a project manager of training programs for Boeing as well as a successful domestic and international consultant. Michael’s interests in services-related research is within the context of international business, global supply chains, and logistics.
- International forest products industry
- Government procurement services practices
- International supply chains and trade related services and networks
- Industry analysis, resource pricing analysis
- Export management
- PNG sustainable development programme
- BHP-Billiton institutional strengthening
- Fishermans Island Port of Brisbane Corporation 'RF loading project'.
Current research projects
Michael is currently collaborating with Dr Tim Butcher of the Hull Logistics Research Institute (University of Hull) on port-related networks of services.
Future collaboration interests
Michael would like to conduct further research with the Hull Logistics Research Institute.
2004: Faculty of Business Postgraduate Supervision: Highly Commended.
Export management, Forest products trade, International logistics, Procurement
Marketing, Other Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- MAcc (Charles Sturt University)
- BEcon (University of Sydney)
- DipEd (University of Sydney)
- International business, export management
- International logistics
- Study tours to India
- In-service training (Boeing Australia 2006).