Dr Michaela Jackson
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
I am a PhD-educated academic who also offers more than ten years’ experience across a range of professional communications roles. My qualifications span communication, business, marketing communication and public health. As an educator, I bring enthusiasm, the desire to make a difference, and motivation to continue improving my work. I offer teaching experience as a unit coordinator, lecturer and tutor at under-and post-graduate levels. As a researcher, I offer a proven track record of academic research and scholarship—my work has been published in internationally recognised peer-reviewed journal articles, as invited book chapters, and via national and international conferences.
I currently combine my lecturing position at QUT’s School of Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations with freelance communications consulting.
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
Professional memberships and associations
- Associate Fellow, Higher Education Association
- Associate Member, Public Relations Institute of Australia Institute of Australia
- Associate Member, Australian Market and Social Research Society
- AMN425 Digital Strategy (post-graduate), S2 2018, Lecturer
- AMB264 Public Relations Techniques, S2 2018, Unit Coordinator
- AMB310 Real World Internships and Projects , S2 SS 2017, S1 S2 2018, Co-lecturer
- AMB374 Global Public Relations Cases, S1 2018, Unit Coordinator, Lecturer and Tutor
- AMB374 - Public Relations Planning, S1 2015, Tutor
- AMN468 - Issues and Crisis Management (post-graduate), S1 2015, Lecturer and Tutor
- KCB302 - Political Communication, S2 2014, Tutor
- Deakin University HSN309 - Food Policy and Regulation, T1 2012, Lead Tutor
- Deakin University HSN308 - Food Nutrition and Society, August and November 2013, Assisted with revision and development of course content.