Adjunct Associate Professor
This person does not currently hold a position at QUT.
BiographyResearch theme: Information
Research discipline: Information Systems
Online Collaborative Design: This project is researching aspects of how people collaborate and reach consensus in domains that rely heavily on digital media assets, such as video, illustrations, and music.
Current funded projects include a pilot implementation of a system to store and manage creative student works from concept through to assessment. It will assist their peers and supervisors to provide feedback through collaborative annotations.
Interactive visualisation for communication and collaboration: The aim of this project is to develop a framework for integrating visualisation with unified communication and collaboration. The framework will facilitate continuous improvement initiatives, increases in individual productivity through IT enabled, collaborative work methods, improved training options and faster acceptance of new business processes.
Information Systems, Other Information and Computing Sciences, Library and Information Studies
Field of Research code, Australian and New Zealand Standard Research Classification (ANZSRC), 2008
- Master of Architecture (University of Queensland)
- Bachelor of Architecture (University of Adelaide)
- Docherty M, Sutton P, Brereton M, Kaplan S, (2001) "An Innovative Design and Studio-based CS Degree", Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education Proceedings of the thirty-second SIGCSE technical symposium on Computer Science Education p233
- Docherty M, Brown A, (2001) 'Studio based teaching in Information Technology', Flexible Learning for a Flexible Future p213
- Stein S, Docherty M, HANNAM R, (2001) Making the processes of design explicit within an information technology environment., Australian Association for Research in Education p
- Simpson M, Docherty M, Burmeister J, Knight A, (2002) Digital News - Bringing Journalism to the Community, Proceedings 4th International Information Technology in Regional Areas Conference: Using IT: Make IT Happen p182
- Stein S, Docherty M, Hannam R, (2003) Making The Processes Of Designing Explicit Within An Information Technology Environment, International Journal of Technology and Design Education, 13 (2) p145
- Woodbury R, Docherty M, Szeto H, (2004) The design and implementation of a repository for digital cultural artefacts, Journal of Information Technology in Construction, 2004 (9) p143
- Wyeld T, Carroll J, Gibbons C, Ledwich B, Leavy B, Hills J, Docherty M, (2007) Doing cultural heritage using the torque game engine: supporting indigenous storytelling in a 3D virtual environment, International Journal of Architectural Computing, 5 (2) p418
- Simpson M, Burmeister J, Docherty M, (2004) E-News: Community interaction through journalism. In X Yu, W Taylor & S Marshall, Using Community Informatics to Transform Regions, Idea Group Publishing p252
- Simpson M, Docherty M, Burmesiter J, Knight A, (2002) Digital News - Bringing Journalism to the Community, Information Technology in Regional Areas p